Honored Contributor

Re: Declutter 2023: What have you purged today?

@Snoopp wrote:

I just had about 6 small boxes of clothing, housewares go to donation.  They picked it up this morning.  Now I can start on another "pile".  I wish I could be more ruthless with getting rid of things but I when I'm on the fence, I keep it.

Anyway, small steps.  I will get there.  

I watched Marie Kondo's show yesterday and it got me organizing my mbr closet according to color.  I wish she had more practical tips in the show, so much is the backstory.  

@Snoopp - I arranged my closet by color some years ago, because of her tip.  I love it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Wow, all of you are doing so well.  I got rid of 1 lip pencil and 2 eye pencils. LOL  That's it!   

Respected Contributor

DD who is 21 and has ADHD spent most of the weekend cleaning out the finished attic space next to my bedroom.  I used that room as an office during the pandemic and I store all my therapy materials in there.  She was dumping dirty and clean laundry in there and it was a mess.  After she moved all her stuff out, I cleaned and organized my stuff.  I didn't get rid of very much but having it organized is great!

Honored Contributor

Wow, ladies, you are all doing great! Keep it up, a little, or a lot, it does all add up.
As for myself, I'm still trying to get caught up on the yard work that got behind while all the work for the pool area was being done.
The guy and his wife are coming this evening to pick up the outdoor table and chairs, so that will be out of my way.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Another garbage full of misc things, tennis racket, porlain doll, pair of booties worn once, and other things that I now forget.  Took to SA. 

All the video games I bought for the kids in the family are now boxed up and ready for one of my brothers to pick up. Along with the Kinect and other various video equipment. 

So glad to continue to let things go. 

You are are all doing so well. 

Honored Contributor

I took a big bag of things to consignment late this morning.  They have already priced the items.  Hopefully they will do a Facebook live today and show some of them and maybe some will sell.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh   Sure wish we had a consignment store like the one you frequent.  I could keep them in business and they sure could help me with my purging and recoup some of my ill spent wasted money

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@gidgetgh   Sure wish we had a consignment store like the one you frequent.  I could keep them in business and they sure could help me with my purging and recoup some of my ill spent wasted money

@KathyM23 - they have people send things to them from all over the country. 

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday!
We're getting our first rain in 2 weeks. We really need it. I decided to spend the morning going through all the kitchen & dining room cabinets.

I've been debating getting rid of our casual dinnerware and getting out our good china, and today's the day. We decided to keep 4 place settings of casual dinnerware for breakfast and lunch and donate the rest. I cleaned and wiped down the shelves and reorganized to make room for the china. I unpacked all my good china, washed it, and put it in the cabinets to use for our evening meal. I've also got a bag of plastic cups and dishes, a few random bowls, and a set of floral placemats to donate. 

Hope Everyone is Having a Good Week!

Trusted Contributor

I have been like a woman possessed. This week I participated in a flea market and sold for almost nothing the following:   

Several of Valerie's glitter lanterns, several never used small glass Lock n Locks, all my remaining DVDs, 9 never used small lug bags, six pair of never worn Sketchers shoes, several bears, 28 small porcelain figurines, and 30 pieces of inexpensive jewelry ( mostly earrings).