Honored Contributor

Re: Declutter 2023: What have you purged today?

@KathyM23 wrote:

My decluttering for last week fell of the tracks.  And I fell too.  Got up from reading in my chair, went to the chest to take a BP pill, turned around to go back to my reading and for some unknown reason I fell over backward and hit my head on the corner of the chest.  Had a cat scan and staples put in my head.  

I always heard head wounds bleed alot and I can attest they sure do.  One of the things that got purged was the robe I had on as it was saturated with blood and the shirt under it was cut off so it is also purged.

Also purged 2 other tops and an expired jar of moisturizer.  That was it for my last weeks purge.

@KathyM23 - I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I fell twice in 7 days in January 2022.  It's scary. Like yours, mine were so random. Well, one was actually pure stupidity on my part. It's very disconcerting. I'm sorry that happened to you and wish you well.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Thanks @gidgetgh   Staples come out tomorrow I hope.  I missed the bottom step last year and fell but this is the first time I have ever got hurt from a fall.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

My decluttering for last week fell of the tracks.  And I fell too.  Got up from reading in my chair, went to the chest to take a BP pill, turned around to go back to my reading and for some unknown reason I fell over backward and hit my head on the corner of the chest.  Had a cat scan and staples put in my head.  

I always heard head wounds bleed alot and I can attest they sure do.  One of the things that got purged was the robe I had on as it was saturated with blood and the shirt under it was cut off so it is also purged.

Also purged 2 other tops and an expired jar of moisturizer.  That was it for my last weeks purge.

@KathyM23  - How scary this must have been.  I am so sorry this happened to you.  Hope you get the staples out soon and are ok.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23, wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and resulting injury. Hope your stitches/staples come out and you have no further issues/falls. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@KathyM23 - Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your fall, that sounds painful! I hope that you are doing ok. 

Respected Contributor

Tossed a picture frame that my son broke, (he breaks a lot of stuff, you'd think my house would be empty) a yard sign, 3 extra car mats and a lone glove of hubby's. He loses gloves like other people loose socks. I find single gloves all over the place. 

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 Oh my goodness! I was just reading through a few posts here to catch up and saw yours. Smiley Sad So sorry for your accident! My, how hurt we can get from one "freak accident", one wrong move. I do hope you are healing and that all checks out ok. Rest and recuperate, and hopefully stay safe from here on in! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning...further to my "little pieces at a time" vs. big closet or room declutter post from the other day...this morning someone I follow on Spotify podcasts had a great episode y'all might like to listen to for encouragement. Especially, the ladies I hear, sometimes, saying "I only did this or that...every little bit counts, right?"

So the podcast is "The Maximized Minimalist" with Katy Joy Wells. It's episode #205, her most recent...titled: "One Minute Declutter Hacks." Some good tips in there for when you just want to keep up with decluttering in small steps, day by day.

I think I'll be doing some of her tips this week. Smiley Happy

Have a good day everyone~

ps. Her podcast made me think of the two quotes I heard long ago and often say to myself: "Don't put it down, put it away" (especially, as Katy says in this episode, if it's something that takes 30-60 seconds, to do, do it now!)

And, "Don't pile it, file it."

Super Contributor

Today the charity truck came to pick up the items I mentioned in my earlier post. Well, I didn't do a recount once I finished loading the driveway container, and one of the pickup drivers was very annoyed with me. I had about 7 boxes more than I had itemized and was sternly admonished. The other driver was very pleasant and courteous, and I even helped him stack boxes on his hand truck while Mr.Crabby Pants stood and watched. I apologized for my mistake, and was told that in reality he should just leave the miscounted overage. I said fine, I'll just arrange for another pickup and you'll be back anyway.(I understood what was making him crabby but sure didn't appreciate the lecture.) I remained calm and polite and thanked both of them for their help.

The decluttering project continues - more boxes to sort for donate/keep/sell. But the biggest part is complete! Our temperatures will now be in the 90s and above for the next several months, so my time in the garage will be early early mornning -- I'm not waiting until fall. Stuff B Gone sooner rather than later!

Respected Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

Today the charity truck came to pick up the items I mentioned in my earlier post. Well, I didn't do a recount once I finished loading the driveway container, and one of the pickup drivers was very annoyed with me. I had about 7 boxes more than I had itemized and was sternly admonished. The other driver was very pleasant and courteous, and I even helped him stack boxes on his hand truck while Mr.Crabby Pants stood and watched. I apologized for my mistake, and was told that in reality he should just leave the miscounted overage. I said fine, I'll just arrange for another pickup and you'll be back anyway.(I understood what was making him crabby but sure didn't appreciate the lecture.) I remained calm and polite and thanked both of them for their help.

The decluttering project continues - more boxes to sort for donate/keep/sell. But the biggest part is complete! Our temperatures will now be in the 90s and above for the next several months, so my time in the garage will be early early mornning -- I'm not waiting until fall. Stuff B Gone sooner rather than later!

@DrBabs - Wow, I am so sorry that you got treated that way. Here you are, donating your stuff to charity, giving it away, doing a kind thing, and that is how they treat you? That's awful, I don't know what is wrong with people today. I'd be looking for somewhere else to donate.