Honored Contributor

Re: Declutter 2022: What have you purged today?

Went through my clothes, shoes, and handbags. Threw out one pair of worn boots and sneakers. Donated a nice pair of flats, a handbag, lots of tops, and a few sweaters. I also donated a few jigsaw puzzles that I won't be reworking and a set of hot rollers which I never use. 

I just finished shredding old medical bills and info from 2018-2020. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 

My local Thrift store doesn't want holiday decor AFTER the holiday.  So, I gather whatever I have and make sure I donate prior to said holiday.

Not that I have that much, but they tell me they don't have room for things to sit for very long.

Other than that, they will accept almost anything.

Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom 

Had to laugh because I remember those drapery rods, but could not remember how they were supposed to work.

I remember thinking it was a good idea and ALMOST bought them.  However, my interest must have waned as that was one thing I didn't purchase.

Seems like a lifetime ago!

Esteemed Contributor

Went quickly through 2 closets this morning. Was able to work quickly, as I have been through these main wardrobes several times in the past few months. Pulled out more clothes to consign and to donate.

Purged the bottom shelf of the pantry. Just the upper shelf remains to go through. Pulled out a couple of empty Lock n' Lock cereal containers for a spring garage sale.

Removed the display of Christmas cards.

Heading out into the frigid cold shortly to return a few items, including a Patricia Nash bag that just arrived. I ordered it from QVC on Thursday and found it on Saturday at the Frazer, PA outlet for a lot less.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette - The chickens eat everything!

Respected Contributor

When I was putting away laundry the other day I found 6 pairs of my son's underwear to donate that he has outgrown. I was going to toss it, but I donate to the resale shop that also runs a shelter for abused women and kids, so I thought maybe someone might want them. They can be washed, and used might be better than none.

Also added to donate a coffee cup and a thermos. Got hubby a new thermos for Christmas. Also a pair of shoes that I wore to work that gave me blisters on both of my heels by the end of the day. Which was weird, because I've worn them before and didn't have problems, but this time I did. So out they went.

Tossed a sock, a calculator that I can't get to work, and some extra free, address labels. I still get plenty of freebies from organizations that want me to donate to them, and I don't mail much these days.

We had to replace our microwave and my son's work boots so we bought new of both and tossed both of the old. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday the only purge I did was the lower pantry shelf and one kitchen drawer.. I will complete the pantry purge later today.

Today: bagged up two bags of clothes- one fall/winter, the other spring/summer. Both relocated to basement storage as none of the local thrifts are taking in clothing at this time. They are trying to move out what remains of cold weather clothes.

Trash day, so the usual weekly fridge purge and I also tackled the disaster of a freezer of my side-by-side fridge/freezer. I think it has been a year or more since I purged that beast! I found all kinds of goodies, including things that have been MIA from supermarket shelves, including a bag of frozen chopped onions and several Ahi tuna steaks. Enough chicken and other foods that will greatly help with the food budget over the next month or longer. A few things were tossed.

Two shopping bags loaded into the car going to consignment today as well as a small bag of misc. donated items for ReStore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's one for ya.....you know those two pictures I took to Goodwill several days ago?  I went back the very next day and bought one of them back!  LOL, LOL.

Turns out I have quite a bit of wall space here and not enough pictures to hang.  Which is fine because I don't want to hang tons of things, but I missed the one picture and went back and brought him home,  I was surprised by that, but it's fine.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thought I'd report in.  I'm all moved into the new house and everything has been put away except 2 porch cushions.  I ordered oversized bags to store them in from Amazon and once I receive those I'll be able to move those to the garage.  All the other cushions were delivered to me in plastic and are already in the garage.

All that remains is the hanging of the rest of the pictures.  Oh, and I have to find someone to hang the towel racks.

Only thing left in our old house is a fire extinguisher which I intentionally left there until the house closes.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Thought I'd report in.  I'm all moved into the new house and everything has been put away except 2 porch cushions.  I ordered oversized bags to store them in from Amazon and once I receive those I'll be able to move those to the garage.  All the other cushions were delivered to me in plastic and are already in the garage.

All that remains is the hanging of the rest of the pictures.  Oh, and I have to find someone to hang the towel racks.

Only thing left in our old house is a fire extinguisher which I intentionally left there until the house closes.

Congratulations!