Esteemed Contributor

Re: Declutter 2022: What have you purged today?

Donating one pair of old jeans and 5 pair of relaxed stretch pants I would

usually just wear around the house. Time for them to go, held on to them

too long and haven't worn them for a while. Just hanging around on too

many hangers in closet and I definitely can use the free space.

Last week I accidentally dropped a small earring and it flew down a vent

under my computer chair. It was a pretty little earring, guess I will toss the

other now. 

Went thru my desk container of pens and tossed a few of them that were

out of ink. I have so many in different colors and won't need to buy any for

years. Gave my sister around 8 of them that I no longer like. I came across

this cool pen that I got at QVC years ago and it still works.

275199230_1036166617319566_8210142721131924468_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Friends,

Havent been posting in a minute. I was under the weather for the last week and half like another Declutterer. I had allergies and they were off the charts! I ended up on a steroid because my vocal chords and larynx were swollen and my voice was barely a whisper. Coughing my head off so I was in no mood to purge.

Today, I went back to work and immediately cleaned my desk and locker out. 😝 

Later this evening, my plan is to go through the winter clothes too. I have tons of hats, scarves and gloves like @Oznell and truth is, I wore one pair of gloves only this entire season! So my plan is to start with those items. I hate those red gloves and so they are the first to go! 😝 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees LOL...I have that pen too! I think I have two of them...from the one time I did the QVC tour, about 8 years ago! 

It was a fun tour, and at the time they had the shop on site that was fun to peruse too. I recall Susan Graver was on air when we walked above the set, and also Chaz Dean. I didn't meet anyone but it was fun to see the sets, studio and behind the scenes of the sales and numbers that they watch, and how that works.

Anyway, was funny to see your pic of the pen.

Just popped on to see peoples' latest posts for now; will update other things later! Have a good day, all~🌷

Honored Contributor

That's so funny, @KBEANS , b/c I ended up wearing mainly only one pair of gloves all season too!  Good luck with your cold weather gear purging.  This is the perfect time to do it.  I didn't get rid of as much as I'd hoped to, but it was a start.

Honored Contributor

Wednesday is usually the day I start filling garbage bags for Friday pickup.   I pulled out a drawer last week and saw 2 gifted items I don't have an attachment to, but to be sure, I placed them in a spot where I've seen them daily.  They have stirred no interest, so they are in a garbage bag in the garage.   

Catalogs are also bagged for Friday, along with 3 stained t-shirts and 2 pair of pants that have literally been worn to transparency.   Am feeling good about this weeks decluttering.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS 

Red gloves!  I would !ove them.  So much of what I see is black and I am always losing one because I can't see it in the car, on my lap, etc.  I do have a burgundy pair and I try to use them most.

Respected Contributor

I am donating a hard cover book with lots of wonderful recipes, all from different neighborhoods and ethnicities of my home town. It is in almost perfect condition with dust jacket.

Altho I love the stories and pictures included in the book, I can find almost all the recipes now on line. If I knew someone who would appreciate this book I would send it to them just for the price of postage, but alas, I don't know anyone so, off it goes.

You know, now that I see what I have written, I think I will keep it for now anyhow.

Respected Contributor

I went thru some of my kids clothes and found a few things to part with. 

Added to donate: a clip on tie, pair of dress shorts, hoodie and 4 t-shirts.

Tossed: a shirt with a hole, 4 pairs of pants with holes, a sock, broken hanger and a broken plastic bowl. 

Also did some shifting around of clothes, gave my younger son some shorts my older son has outgrown, moved some shirts and pants between the  kids and me and hubby. So not as much left as I thought would but that's ok.

I actually need to get some new shorts and pants for my older son, he doesn't  have much left that fits him anymore. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello peeps~

Well...I went to that new consignment yesterday...what a beautifully appointed boutique consignment shop, right in my town...so cute and well set up, organized, not overflowing. That's all great for shopping. The woman who owns it is very nice. She was SO apologetic for only taking 4 of my 10 items, (darn.) While she liked some pcs. that she didn't take at this time, she explained how selective she is about having too many of some things at any particular time, and she just happened to have enough of some of what I brought at this time. When I came in she was on the phone telling someone she couldn't take her brand new designer duds at this time. The store has no storage, she uses a dressing room & bathroom to store extra items and doesn't store much.

She also runs the business end so well...the marketing, & communication. SO different from the place in town I've been consigning with for years...they annoyed me last time because it is on YOU to get in touch with them about any checks due and you have no way of keeping track, and if, like me last time, you miss their 90 day window of check pickup, they just take it. I missed it by 3 days. That and some other things, made me want to look elsewhere. There's a few others I will try before just bringing my balance of items, which I know they'll take all of, to them. They are currently all staying in my car...not coming back in!

In other news...SO happy...the heating/cooling unit was installed last Thursday...took only one day instead of the two they scheduled, the company was great to work with, very little intrusion.  AND the best part...the thing I mentioned I was most dreading...the opening up of my sheet-rock in the wall upstairs to install the needed new electrical wiring...once they had a look they realized they could do it through an existing outlet that had run the old box air conditioner (why the original electrician didn't see that when he came out I don't know but)...so the job is done for now, no mess of open wall to be fixed! The only thing left for my contractor/painter to do is when I take out the box unit, closing up that wall, which I look forward to, I'll have better use of that wall...that's happening a little later when I consolidate a few other things I want him to do.

As for decluttering....moving everything out of the way for them to work upstairs made me rethink placement of too much in that room...I'm pleased to say I rearranged some things and didn't put everything back into the office/loft/workout space, so things look much more open and neat, and streamlined. Everything is better functioning with how I use the space, looks nicer, with no excess stuff around. This is a revelation for me, lol...that loft has been a work in progress since I bought this condo...I think it's in it's best shape yet, with some room to grow and tweak.

So that's it for me this week~hope everyone is coming along, and those that have been under the weather are taking it easy and getting better.

Have a good day, all~🌞

Respected Contributor

A few weeks ago I wrote about finding multiple pairs of eye glasses and desire to donate at eye doctor.  DH did it for me when he went to have glasses fixed.  He asked how they were used.  He was told they were sent as is to remote areas of world where natural resources, etc are scarce.  Individuals with eye issues are tested and glasses that best suit the individuals are given.  Something better than nothing.  I felt good about that purge