Respected Contributor

Re: Declutter 2021: What have you purged today?

@wagirl wrote:

@rnmom --the one I had before, I loved--it was the Waring brand--QVC sold it years ago--DD got it for me but the handle broke off making very hard to flip it---- but that thing made the most perfect waffles and we used if for lots of years---thats the kind I should have bought. 

@wagirl - I think that's the kind we had too, my mom got it for us and she loved buying things like that from QVC.

We used ours too, for a lot of years and really enjoyed it, but it must have lost it's nonstick finish because we couldn't get the waffles out in the end. That's when we finally tossed it. 

Respected Contributor

@Fifi1 - Hi, welcome back! Thanks for checking in! It sounds like you have been busy. I know how it is when you're working every day, it's SO hard to clean and declutter after work and on the weekends. Congratulations on how much you have gotten accomplished!

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

You are all making great strides!  I have started something new....when I take a bag of trash to the dumpster (ususlly 2-3 times weekly) I take it to every room and grab some extra stuff to toss.  Today I trashed some old cds and books ( they haven't been touched in 5 years).

My Goodwill isn't always taking donations....rather than have a bag sitting around here, I just threw away.

@alicedee - I don't blame you for just tossing the items. I'm all for donating when possible, but there's been so many donation centers closed and restrictions on donating lately, that it's sometimes not worth the hassle having stuff that you don't want sitting around in your house for months. 

Respected Contributor

My son tossed another sock and we recycled a school math workbook from last semester.

Our hamster died so we donated the cage, accessories and about half a bag of hamster food to a woman who helps out doing wildlife rescue. She said she could use them. 

We still have another cage here, each kid bought one and each bought a hamster in 2019. The first hamster died after only about a month but this second one we've had for over a year and a half.

Even though I'm not getting another one we kept the second cage because my son wants to save it and he bought it with his own money, so we put it away in the basement for him. 

Respected Contributor

Cleaned two shelves in my coat closet, and another bag is in the trash.  A few never-worn hats, old silk flowers, a couple empty boxes..(???)...again I scratch my head and ask myself why lol!

Esteemed Contributor

So glad to have finally revised 3 dresser drawers! Why did I ever hang on to so much - stuff!?

Honored Contributor

I grabbed up 2 items today, tossed them in the garbage bag and took the bag straight to the trash bin in the garage.   

I have been hung up on these insignificant items for quite awhile now; one was gifted, and the other I purchased.   Both have been in plain sight in an effort to help me decide what to do with them, and today was just the day to stop overthinking, and let go for good.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very productive past few days😄

Guest bedroom furniture delivery is Saturday.  Deligently working on getting the "guest storage shed" cleaned up.

A job I didn't want to tackle but I did the overflow stuff in 2nd pantry utility room.

Pantry: 1 big black trash bag full of stained, discolored and missing lids - Lock N Locks.  Excess baking cooking things.

Guest room: Tablecloths, matching napkins, etc., home decor and closet--excess kids stuff gd keeps here (toys, books, crayons, arts & crafts stuff)  Took to salvation army.

Tomorrow for sure: master closet 

Going to sell all my Coach, Vera and Dooney Bags on marketplace

clothing and shoes -- goodwill

Finally, going to try again listing my hall tree, temptations dishes, holiday decor.

I want my "space" and sanity back😀😀

Honored Contributor

Spring cleaning is starting at my house. Started with main bathroom and cleaned and organized medicine cabinet and linen closet. Tossed a few worn things.

Today I moved to the den and was determined to clean out every desk drawer and my DH's closet. I decided I wanted a simpler look so threw out the 15 year old drapes. Also got rid of some decor items, only keeping out some Green Bay Packer items since the den is technically DH's space. Three grocery bags of stuff hit the trash can.

Honored Contributor

You ladies rock!
Meanwhile, I'm just spinning my wheels, lol.
Keep up the great job!
"To each their own, in all things".