Honored Contributor

Re: Declutter 2021: What have you purged today?

@Snoopp wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I have 4 small....very small.... items to take to consignment on Tuesday.  They are closed on Mondays.

This morning I took 5 small things to Goodwill.  Nothing exciting.

@gidgetgh  You are the queen of consignment.  You always seem to have lots of goodies to take.

I put a few things on eBay but nothing has sold.☹️

@Snoopp - I'm very fortunate. 2 locations in the Atlanta area, very well known and they've been in business 40 years.  The owner is game to selling just about anything.  And she does these great Facebook live videos showcasing new arrivals, reaching thousands of shoppers and ships all over the U.S.  it's a great store.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, as to your cross stitch pieces, it occurred to me that perhaps a nursing home might like them for some of the residents' rooms. Might be a reminder of some of the times in their lives when they also did this kind of fine needlework. Or perhaps there are collectors that might be interested, especially since they are matted and framed. Just a thought.
And congrats to you for mastering that skill, I have never had the patience to do any sort of needlepoint.
Good luck on the move, when it happens.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I have 4 small....very small.... items to take to consignment on Tuesday.  They are closed on Mondays.

This morning I took 5 small things to Goodwill.  Nothing exciting.

@gidgetgh  You are the queen of consignment.  You always seem to have lots of goodies to take.

I put a few things on eBay but nothing has sold.☹️

@Snoopp - I'm very fortunate. 2 locations in the Atlanta area, very well known and they've been in business 40 years.  The owner is game to selling just about anything.  And she does these great Facebook live videos showcasing new arrivals, reaching thousands of shoppers and ships all over the U.S.  it's a great store.

Gidgetgh - how fortunate. I am a bit jealous. I know of one consignment shop and it is only for kids items. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh : two thoughts off the top of my head:

List on Facebook marketplace or similar

Ask the owner of the consignment shop for her suggestions on what you might do with your needlework pieces.

Trusted Contributor

This week, with the rotten weather, I've been packing/purging.  I've got a bag ready for dropoff at our local thrift store.  I kept some Vera Bradley bags in a too large plastic container under my bed.  It's a little too heavy and I don't want to drag it to my new place.  So I ordered something better to pack them in. 

Yesterday I put a pair of Alegria sandals on FB Marketplace.  This morning I sold them and actually met the woman locally.  And this afternoon I posted a pair of Sperry rain booties on Marketplace and sold them very quickly.  They are packed up and will be mailed tomorrow morning.  So I made a few $$ today.

Tomorrow my apartment will be thismuch roomier!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp    Mine was running off and on constantly and it was the ball flap.  Google - replacing the ball flap in commode, the one I used was from Roto Rooter and was the most simple instructions.  Most use a 2 inch flapper replacment but some newer commodes use a 3 inch flapper.  If you can turn the water off at the wall, you can do it.  The part cost 5 or 6 dollars at Walmart.  Good luck! 

Honored Contributor

Greetings everyone!  I'm purging and shredding some old paperwork at this time.  Getting my things ready for taxes.  My purging seems to be drifting from here back to there.  As long as I'm purging I wont get upset.  The more stuff that goes, the happier I get.  

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh - Hmmmm, the cross stitch pieces definitely can be a challenge. Have you absolutely decided tht you don't want them for sure? 

If you have, then I liked the suggestion of seeing if a nursing home or other type of senior facility might want them. If not, I would honestly just take them to Goodwill. If they don't want them, they will toss them. It would be nice if you can find them a new home, but if you really don't want them, I'd just donate them. 

Respected Contributor

I did a little mini purge this weekend, first one in a really long time. I went thru 2 small bookcases with my younger son, one in his room and one in our loft, and we found 18 books to donate. My hubby is a teacher so he will take them to the school library as a donation rather than to a thrift store. 

Otherwise, I just found one cassette tape to add to my donate box. 

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I was packing up my kitchen--am moving very soon---but went thru ALOT!!!! got a table top full of things I haven't used in a few years---so out they go---and getting rid of the things I just don't like to use anymore--like the waffle iron that you flip over---its a black and Decker and I just don't like it--why keep it???As well as a lot of black nonstick covered cake pans, muffin tins, cookie sheets---all tend to burn if you don't turn the temp down--and made of the old teflon that I hate anyway--out they go too and then there are the Nordic bundt cake pans--that I dearly love but i don't bake anymore-----this moving has taught me a huge lesson------too much is....well....TOO MUCH !!! Oh there I feel so much better----Woman Wink