Honored Contributor

Re: Declutter 2021: What have you purged today?

@wilma and queendiva

Yes, they all had their orginal packaging or tags.

I threw them out. I went and looked in the store. The only undergarments they had was a display of Hanes underwear. The display case was from Hanes and it was filled with new packages just like you would see at Target or Kohl's.

There were no tables or bins of loose items. So they went out in the trash today.

Thanks for your feed back.

Respected Contributor

Over he weekend, I was visiting with my sister.  We went down to her basement and went through bins and bins of clothing. We tossed 2 contractor bags of unusable clothing, and 8 bags to donate. I am proud of myself because there were items I put aside and then rethought them. I ended up with just one really nice jogger set and I forgot it anyway. I'll get it next time I visit. I don't think helping her counts on this thread 😂 but it felt good to help and she appreciated it.
So last night I brought in a package from HSN containing the new 2 piece Dolly Parton perfume. I opened the rollerball rubbed it on my wrist and new it was going back. I wrote a note stating the large perfume was still intact and never tried but the rollerball was. I slapped the return label on it and brought it over to UPS. Shame on me for buying perfume through a television spot! Won't do that again..(yeah right) lol

I packed up my Ninja Foodi (got a larger one) and it's waiting for my son to pick it up. I threw out inserts for my sneakers and a few aluminum trays that I was holding on to. Sometimes I need them, sometimes I don't. These particular trays are pretty reusable, but I don't need them at this time and they gotta go. Good Googlie Goo... I found another package of sardines! They went out too.

Esteemed Contributor

A quick pass through my jewelry armoire:. Donating:

6 pairs of earrings, 1 necklace and 1 ring, all fashion jewelry. The very tip of the proverbial iceberg of my collection.

Yesterday I went into the local Mom & Pop jewelry store and started out spending $6.00 on a new watch battery. While there I found a stunning pair of classic earrings. They were similar in size and style, an "upgrade" from the earrings I was wearing. I asked if the jeweler would take mine in trade toward the pair in the case. Done. Only minimal regret for the $ spent- they were a great deal, I love them and will not buy another pair of earrings anytime soon, 

Just for fun he let me try on a custom, 22k Italian gold necklace. Stunning! Told me there was a matching bracelet. I told him I needed a lifestyle upgrade for even one of the pieces, never mind the thousands of dollars.

Made my earring purchase look like even more of a bargain.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, a mouse made me clean out a corner cabinet in the kitchen. It is similar to a lazy susan. The mouse munched away on the package of dried beans and butterscotch morsels. 

So the mouse made it an easy purge to clean out the cabinet. Now I have lots of room. 

I have mixed feelings about the visitor. I am thrilled to have cleaned out much of the cabinet but not in a hurry for it to visit again. Years ago we had mice in our garage when we stored the bird seed in there. I never noticed a mouse before in the house. As much as I hate it, guess it is time to set a few traps.

Respected Contributor

I had to toss another old bed pillow that my dog soiled on that had been in her crate. She'd been urinating all around the house for over 2 weeks and started going in her crate too. We took her to the vet and had her treated for a UTI but she was still going multiple times a day in the house so we had to have her put to sleep. She was 16 and something else was obviously wrong with her, but I wasn't putting her thru anything more at her age. So yesterday was a sad day for me. I still have 3 more dogs here but she was my little buddy, she was with me all the time, so I will miss her.

I tossed an LA girl eyeliner that I didn't care for the color. It was brand new, only used once or twice, but I couldn't even see it when I put it on. It wasn't worth returning, I think I only paid $1.50 for it on sale. 

I gave my sister 3 bath bombs that I won't use. I can't remember the last time I took a bath, I always shower, so I gave them to her to use. My kids have some bath bombs they got in their stockings for Christmas last year if I want to use one. They haven't used theirs either, now that they are older they take showers and not baths too. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla 

A few years back, while having generators installed, a big hole was left open to our crawl space.   Having built our home, this space was completely finished, so it was all concrete.  Nothing to eat, or so I thought.

Suddenly, we had mice.  And, of course, they made their way upstairs through the tiniest of openings.

I'm a live and let live person, but they make a mess and are so unsanitary!

After weeks of trapping (we used humane, no kill traps), we finally were rid of them.

What a headache!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rnmom 

So sorry for the loss of your dog.  It's so difficult to let them go.

I had to say goodbye to the last of my "cat herd" this past February.  He had been my best buddy for so long after all the other cats were gone.  It's just a terrible sadness.

Esteemed Contributor

@rnmom : please accept my condolences on the loss of your sweet pup.

Respected Contributor

💔 OH! @rnmom  I am so so sorry for the loss of your beautiful friend. It's so heart wrenching because they truly  are family! 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom, I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby. 

"To each their own, in all things".