Valued Contributor

Re: Declutter 2020: What have you purged today?

@gidgetgh  - I think of you often and hope you're doing well.  I remember you like Talbot's - me too and I just received a pretty red coat from them yesterday!  

All the group here are inspiring - Take care everyone - I may do a little purging again tody - I'm working, but I can work off/on this weekend from home, so it doesn't matter - if i'm in the mood to clean - I better do so! 

Respected Contributor

@Fifi1 wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving - haven't been on this thread in a long while.  I did go thru one closet the other day and my husband took three large bags to Goodwill donation this morning for me while I was in a Zoom meeting.  So, I'm BACK!  My closets are all at capacity so I absolutely have to continue my purge!  It's strange though, I really have to be in the mood or I get sentimental about "things" or clothing!  

I do enjoy seeing what others do to clean up!  Keep up the good work!  

@Fifi1 - Welcome back! Congratulationson getting the 3 bags out, that is a lot! 

I totally get having to be in the mood to declutter. I will get in moods too and go thru all sorts of rooms/closets/drawers/nooks and crannies. Other times I want nothing to do with it. Out of sight, out of mind. Good job on getting to one closet!

Stay with us, I will start another thread after the first of the year too. There's usually a lot of motivation to clean, organize and declutter after the holidays are over. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I am thinking of you and wanted to send you a greeting for a happy holiday.  I know today will be very difficult for you as you continue to grieve your dear husband's passing.  I truly hope the memories you shared together will bring you a sense of peace and hope.  I know they will bring you love as you recall your lives together.  Be at peace, my friend.  ~~ Patricia

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie Thank you.  Happy Thanksgiving. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Yesterday I tossed some dollar store Christmas decor I never use and some fabric remnants I've held onto for ten years....and never touched!  I felt a pang....but it was just momentary!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Valued Contributor

Another clothing closet done!  A huge black garbage bag full and ready to leave the hpouse!  I still need to do shoes/boots from two closets that are FULL, and I will - a little at a time.  

Hope all that celebrated Thanksgiving - alone or with others enjoyed some quiet time and hopefully were able to speak or Zoom with friends or family.   

Respected Contributor

I went thru my Christmas gift bags and gave 17 of them to my sister over Thanksgiving, in assorted sizes. She had lost all of her Christmas decor back in May when the dams here in our state broke and her basement flooded. I have at least that many left and rarely use them, only if I have an odd shaped package that I can't wrap neatly with paper. I still try to box and wrap as much as I can, I think it's way more fun for the kids (and everyone else too)  to be able to actually unwrap a present on Christmas day. 

Honored Contributor

I have been busy with "other" things lately and haven't done any purging really.
I do have a couple pair of pants set aside (2 sizes too large for me now) but I have replaced them both, so it's a wash as far as reducing the numbers, have some wall decor that is not going back up since my painting project also set aside.
I have a big pile of leaves to burn today from the FINAL cleanup for this year, then perhaps tomorrow I will pull out all the Christmas decor and tree, to see what I want to display and if there are things I am tired of or broken. Once I get that done, I will make a trip to the donations center, also will drop off the cardboard that is piling up.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Just a few small things done over here. I went thru our magazine rack and put 4 catalogs in the recycle bin. I tossed an ace wrap that had seen better days, but I did get a new one from the dollar store to replace it with. Hubby uses these sometimes. Tossed a dollar store popcicle tray/maker that we used once several years ago. One of the "sticks" broke the first time we used it but my son wanted to keep it and try again. He finally agreed to toss it. 

I have an extra kitchen table set up in my loft where I do my Christmas gift wrapping. It had 3 puzzle on it that the kids and I had been working on for probably 8 months. I think we started them during the first lockdown. My sons each had one going and I I took those apart and saved them, but the one I was working on was so frustrating, I think that's why I never went back to it. I took it apart and started a new donate box with it. I have a couple other ones here if I decide to try again with a new one next year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Checking in. It's been a while. Most purging for me will resume come January, as it always does.

Yesterday I donated a faux fur jacket that I bought several years ago from ShopNBC. I probably wore it once. The style and details were very good; the quality of the faux fur was not. I do hope someone will enjoy it and keep warm.

I will donate a couple of items to Restore when I go this week: dessert plates and an almost new set of place mats.