Esteemed Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

Went to staple some papers together this morning. Looked in my clean and organized desk for the stapler. Saw that I had two! (it's a big desk with lots of storage)

One has now been added to the garage sale boxes.

DS came over and changed out the handles on several interior doors for me. Will donate the old door knobs this week.

Still trying to let go of at least one item a day from my home.

Esteemed Contributor

I donated four or five bags of books, threw some away and have a few for sale.  I really made a dent in cleaning out the bookshelves today.  It took me all morning.

I hope to work clothing next.

Honored Contributor

What I am getting rid of I have more than gotten my money out of.

I've had neighbors want my stuff and to give me money.  One woman was reselling the furniture, so she wanted to pay me for some of it because she would be making money off of it.  That was stuff I accepted cash for.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I purged more books from my basement.  I found a box from my last move that hadn't been opened in years and had books in it.  I've purged 3/4 of my books now.📚

Valued Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I purged more books from my basement.  I found a box from my last move that hadn't been opened in years and had books in it.  I've purged 3/4 of my books now.📚

For me, books are one of the hardest catagories to purge. I have a few boxes and I don't even know what's in there. To give you an idea of how old they are, I'm currently reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus".

Honored Contributor

I got rid of a Loreal mask (scares my bird when she sees Mama's mustard yellow face) and some worn cotton tanks. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Catiele I am so glad that I do not share a bathroom with my husband...he uses the bathroom in the master and I use the one down the hall.  When he shaves he gives his razor a quick blow....blows little hairs all over the place....several years ago I told him it was his job to clean his own bathroom....but every few months I go in and do a good clean.

Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

For me, books are one of the hardest catagories to purge. I have a few boxes and I don't even know what's in there. To give you an idea of how old they are, I'm currently reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus".

That's a great book.  I also enjoyed Mars & Venus in the Workplace.  I will say it really gives you things to think about when dealing with men in the workplace.  

I think the biggest tip I ever picked up from him is "men think and women feel."  So when I write an email to a man, I will always correct myself when I say "how you feel about that sentence?" to "What do you think about that sentence."

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

The only thing I found to purge today was an extra dog leash. I am keeping more than I should (3) and letting two go.

Respected Contributor

I donated about 15 old prescription glasses and drugstore readers to the optical shop in Walmart.  I believe they give them to the Lions Club who in turn checks them out and recycles them to those who need them.    

The price of prescription glasses is ridiculous.  I have an appointment later in the month and checked the prices with and without insurance for a new frame, progressive lenses and my cost savings WITH insurance is less then $50 with out of pocket for glasses over $300/pair - yikes!

Oh, and I purged my front yard of a bunch of weeds and plants that didn't survive the freezing temperatures the last few weeks.   

......You look like I need a drink.....