Trusted Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

One more thing for today:

Address Labels:   Address labels for our old house.  Have not lived there for 6 years.   Out they went!    

Trusted Contributor

Halloween Pumpkin  

I had a small pie pumpkin I got for the fall holidays that we did not carve and had placed in the kitchen counter to be decorative.

When the Christmas decorations came out I wanted to throw it out but my husband said it was still good (no signs of rot) and it was cute.  I did not throw it out then, but I threw it out today.  The top part of the stem was getting soft, out it went.

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop : I put my pumpkins out in the yard. The squirrels have been enjoying them and hopefully not chewing up my outdoor wicker furniture as they did last winter!

Honored Contributor

I JUST got rid of some chips & guacamole! 😂

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter has been home long enough to get a good look at her room, and go thru some things, so I've seen at least one bag carried to the trash bin in the garage. I smiled at one bag out; I will dance with joy when at least 3 are carried out!
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I JUST got rid of some chips & guacamole! 😂

@SurferWife I was just going to proudly announce I had polished off a Whitman Sampler, and tossed the box.   It's kind of a purge....the old me would have felt compelled to save the box for a vague "something" !

Honored Contributor

I can tell I'm old. 

I'm celebrating New Year's Eve this evening by pulling down all my tins on a shelf in the basement, sorting, cleaning and getting rid of a bunch. 

I use them for cookie storage in the freezer when I bake at Christmas or even other times of the year. I give away cookies and candy in others. I seem to be some kind of magnet, as tins always stick to me and come home with me, especially from one particular thrift store during the Christmas season, they get so many nice ones, and for like a quarter or fifty cents each. I've allowed myself just one shelf for them, so I'm down there off and on tonight culling the heard till they fit!

In the process I have found at least a half dozen Tupperware pieces/sets I"m going to list for sale on Marketplace and brought those up tonight too. I see a lot more vintage Tupperware that is going to be going too, but I'll dive into that tomorrow! 

Hope everyone here has a very Happy and Healthy New year, and I'll see you all on the new thread!

Honored Contributor

Related image

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Happiest of New Years to all of my fellow posters.  May we all meet and surpass our goals in 2020!  Wishing all of you the best.  💕🌷

Honored Contributor

Two loads of holiday decor dropped off at Salvation Army.  I made two trips because I wasn't sure if they were still taking holiday stuff.  They seem to have odd rules about odd things, so I never know if they will take it.

At garbage pickup today I left out a broken paper shredder and the halloween decor SA would not take.

All gone by 10 am.  I even put on the shredder that it was broken, so I assume there is something inside of value, like copper wire.  They left the base of the shredder so they only wanted the motor part.

I am always curious as to what people pick up and why.

We have a trash picker who comes around on trash days.  He takes everything.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN