Trusted Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

@alicedee wrote:

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

Thank you @alicedee  !  Is it the mesh shelves, 24.99?  Is the mesh shelf flat (not wavy)? And are the shelves adjustable up & down?  I might need these LOL

Yes, it's the mesh ones, 24.99.  The shelves are flat.  No they aren't adjustable....though I suppose if you planned to put light items on them, just don't push them down all the way to those metal sidebars.  The reason my shelves aren't even....I'm embarrassed to say....I put the first one together upside down lol! 🤪  Decided it would work for me that way, so I left it like that.

@alicedee  ha ha, love it!  One is upside down upon closer look, but it works, too funny, sometimes mistakes turn out to be new ideas!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not loving the Marla Wynne sweater I am wearing today. Very pretty shade of seaglass, but the body is too short and the sleeves too long. This may be just the second time I have worn it. Going in the Donate bag.

Esteemed Contributor

I threw out a large decorative plate that was on my front door.  I removed it when I had the door repainted.  

Lately, I’ve had no purging going on.  Just getting rid of empty cardboard boxes that need to be broken down for recycling.  These boxes are a pain.  

Honored Contributor

I've been at a stalemate on purging for quite a while now. Other than tossing a pair of yard work shoes that were beyond use.
That being said, last night I listed with photos of 4 larger items on my FB feed for my friends and family, that I will be donating, unless someone tells me they would like any of these things.
1. inversion table, which makes my back hurt worse, lol...not it's intended purpose.
2. 8 x 10 area rug.
3. 31" x 44" artwork, including frame that I no longer have wall space to hang.
4. Sony dual cassette, cd player with 3-changer, mp3 player, which is no longer the "in" thing to own, lol.
If no one wants them, I will donate to my usual donations center.
Currently these things are just sitting here, collecting dust, not getting any use, so time for them to go.
"To each their own, in all things".
Occasional Contributor

The last 2 days, I purged; Farmhouse decorative scale still in the box that's been NIB the last 4yrs. 3 large glass gallon canisters bought for the laundry room, bathroom vanity light 5pc set. I still have 2 temptations platters (harvest leaves & whimsy holiday?) ready to be picked up. Goodbye boxes... 

Esteemed Contributor

I restocked and reorganized my pantry today. I had to toss outdated salad dressings and specialty food items from when I was trying the ayurvedic diet.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

My teacher daughter changed out her seasonal clothing and has a trash bag full for Union Mission.   

I had declared myself “done” with sorting and purging, until I had to search for something stored away.   Pulling that item out prompted me to evaluate the need for the stuff it was stored with, so all of that is in another bag for Union Mission, and completely emptied one Rubbermaid container.    2 throw pillows and a quilt were washed and dried, and are headed to a new home this weekend.   

I really think my stuff is well under control now. 

Respected Contributor

I went thru our mudroom closet and found a winter coat to donate that's too small for the kids. My younger son wants a new winter coat this year because the one he's been wearing the last couple of years is starting to get tears in the lining, so we'll have to do that soon.

Tossed 2 pair of knit gloves that had holes in them. I think we still have a couple pair of those so they should't need to be replaced. It looks like we have plenty of cold weather gear on hand, so we should be set for the season.

Regular Contributor

I am in the process of going through Christmas decorations.  I tend to have two color schemes to use, alternating years.  One is red/gold and the other blue/silver.  I have enough of both color sets to decorate two homes, and I have only one!  So, some of these decorations have to go!  We have a local thrift store and they dedicate several rooms to Christmas decor - starting Nov. 1 through the holidays.  I an gathering boxes of things to donate in the next week or two.  BTW I have said for the last 3 years I was going to do this, but this is the year to follow through.  Wish me the best with this venture.

Respected Contributor

@Denise in PA -Good luck going thru your Christmas decorations! I have enough to do several different color schemes on my tree too, blue/silver, red/gold, purple/green/white, and of course the ever popular, multi color. I do like to switch up the decorations on my tree, probably because the rest of my holiday decor is very minimal. A nativity set and a 3 or4 other items is about it.