Trusted Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

Two pairs of beat up shoes to the trash and two pairs good enough to donate to the hospice resale shop. The donation box in my trunk is almost full and ready to drop off.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@Mominohio - I remember when those dried floral arrangements were very popular and I had several of them on different walls throughout my house. I have gotten rid of them all over the years, they were huge dust collectors and very difficult to clean. Another one of those things that I enjoyed at the time, but now I don't miss at all. 

@rnmom 

Yes, me too! I had some really beautiful and high end things done with eucalyptus and dried flowers and they were just beautiful, but like all good things, they come to an end! 

As I age and deal with chronic pain, I'm slowly moving toward my upkeep being easier. I remember taking a good part of one day each year, and taking those florals outside and blowing the dust out of them with a hair dryer, cleaning the eucalyptus leaves with wet Q tips......it was all worth it at the time, but I just don't find joy in it anymore. 

New times, different ways!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

Only purge on Saturday: old toothbrush head trashed for a replacement.

@queendiva - come on now.  @Mominohio has taken out a wall, wallpaper and possibly a heating unit.  You and I have to do better than a toothbrush head and the nothing that I purged yesterday.  We've got to rise to the challenge she's given us, LOL.

@gidgetgh 

@queendiva 

Ha! 

There was that ice bucket challenge a couple of years ago, so maybe I need to do a "trash a home fixture" challenge! LOL

Respected Contributor

I gave a hummingbird feeder and a bottle of hummingbird food to my mother in law. I don't take the time to clean it and rarely see hummingbirds and she was happy to have it. 

Finished another book and put it in the donate bag. 

I got my son to pack up his nightstand so we could move that to his new basement room and we tossed some small odds and ends from the drawer, a rock, some shells, bakugan cards, just small, weird things. Added a toy monster truck and a free bag from the Humane Society to the donate bag.

The only thing left now to move is his headboard and bed. We won't probably move that until September, I want to make sure that he is going to be able to get up for school without me having to go get him before we move his bed down there permanent. 

Tossed a rag that I didn't want to try to re-use. 

Honored Contributor

I donated a new skirt, new yoga pants, new socks (still packaged) and a pair of jeans.  The first three items I mention I got a really great sale price and was just too lazy to drive to the store to return.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

Before moving took to donate 10 Loads in the Trunk of the Car.Woman Very Happy

Over the past couple of weeks I have donated 3 pairs of black lounge type pants, a PJ top, Socks, Wrist support, Little EZ Eggs frying pan, 3 Baskets, Greeting cards, about 2 dozen assorted pens and markers Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@WildFlowerUnicorn : nothing like moving to keep things real and max out the purge of your home! Best of luck as you continue the purge process while unpacking and setting up your new home.

Valued Contributor

Yesterday I put 2 sleepshirts into the donation box for the shelter.

362 items gone YTD

Honored Contributor

I am thrilled to say my floor lamp shorted out last night and will be at the road for trash pickup on Friday!    My husband insisted on bringing this lamp here after his mother passed.  I hated the lamp at her house, and even more after it came to mine.   I’ve already cut the cord off of it to avoid the bright idea of replacing the socket.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just dumped the last of the liquid foundation.  I've come to really like Avon's True Color cream-to-powder.  Their light beige is a perfect color match.

I'm slowly working my way through the boxes of "stuff" stacked in the linen closet.   

Next ... the sock drawer!  There are some socks at the bottom of the drawer that haven't seen the light of day in many years.  Time to set them free.