Respected Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

@queendiva -awesome compliment!

Respected Contributor

@Eager2Learn - Baby steps! You are doing great! 18 tops out is a lot, good job!

My son's new closet in his new basement bedroom is almost done, it just needs to be trimmed out, but hubby said he can start moving in down there, so my kids started hauling stuff down there last night. They took just about everything out and son said that he didn't want to keep the items that were left. I'm not sure what is all left in there, I don't think that it is much, maybe 1-2 things, but I will look and see what is left and what needs to be done with it. I don't know if I'll get to it today, I'm working all day, maybe tomorrow.

He still has a lot of stuff in his bedroom to go downstairs though, stuff in one dresser drawer, stuff in his bookcase headboard (we didn't move the bed yet, he''s sleeping on the spare twin), stuff in his nightstand, bookcase, and all the stuff on the walls. It's going to be a big job. You wouldn't think that one little bedroom would be so much work, but it is. I can't imagine moving a whole house right now with all 4 of us and all their stuff. Wow. I think maybe we'll wait and downsize until at least the kids are gone. Moving right now would be SO much work. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much everyone for your words of encouragement and support. It means a lot and helps me to continue the process. Heart

Valued Contributor

I spent more time yesterday reorganizing and decluttering my master closet.

I pulled out all jeans, pants, and shorts. I also found another set of never worn PJs and a never worn long sleeved top that I put in the laundry and will start wearing.

The total of jeans, pants and shorts was 52 (some have never been worn and still have the original tags).

I will be donating to the shelter: 1 pair of jeans, 7 pair of pants (5 still have the original sales tags, have never been worn, were purchased years ago, but are now too big), 6 pair of shorts, 1 wire hanger, and 1 plastic hanger.

333 items gone YTD

Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn, wow, you are doing great. A few minutes a day are do-able and you sure are proof of that! Good job!
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I have another shopping bag full and ready to go to Goodwill and have another bag started for consignment. Probably six things in there but I don’t know if they’ll take two of the items. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

The ice cream in my freezer.  🤪🤪🤪

Respected Contributor

Can’t remember if I reported cleaning out two kitchen drawers the other day...tossed a bunch of useless stuff.

Today I went through a large Peterboro basket that APPEARED to be full of throw blankets.  Hah! There was junk under the throws!  I tossed a bunch of old papers that I hadn’t looked at in three years 😁, re-homed an empty gift bag in there to the bin where I keep wrapping supplies, and pulled an old 10 year class reunion “yearbook” to show my friends in a couple weeks (a group of us meet monthly for dinner...we graduated in 1972!).  If someone wants it, I will pass it on to them....has pics of me and my ex lol!

Honored Contributor

Odd items today.  4 or 5 DVDs went in the donate pile, and I tossed old magazines.

The main "event" was going through my spice cabinet, deciding which ones were past their prime and tossing them.  Then I virtuously organized the ones that were left in alphabetical order on their little shelves, starting with "Basil" and ending with "Tuscan mix" (or something like that)-- who knows how long this will last, but for now it will be easier to grab what I need, when I need it.

Have you ever noticed how many herbs and spices start with the letter "C"?   Cumin, coriander, chili, cloves, cinnamon, and on and on....

Respected Contributor

@Oznell -I admire your organized spices. That would last one day in my house until the first time my hubby made dinner and pulled out anything. He would definitely not be putting spices back in any type of order. I'm just happy if he even puts them back in the cupboard.