Trusted Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

@gidgetgh @wagirl described two areas I desperately need to do. (Kitchen and cleaning supplies).  Although, at my apartment, everything need some desperate and major purge-attention! 

This week, while looking for some old medical test results, (didn’t find)   I continued with getting old paperwork into the shred boxes (To be taken to a shredding facility)  

Every time I am in my makeup, I get rid of something.  (Old lip glosses that seemed more like coloured glue!)  

Also still getting rid of old socks and undies whenever I put on and don’t like or when I notice past their prime when doing laundry. 

Some days are a physical struggle so, doing at least a little helps me mentally.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, ReStore put that Lenox bowl right out on the selling floor! $8.00, which is on the high end of their stuff. While shopping I saw an item that I passed over at a local garage sale. The seller wanted $2.00, ReStore was selling it for $11.00!

Most of what I find there are dollar items and last Saturday the entire store was half price. .They had their version of a garage sale, cleared out the warehouse and made $14K for their next project! 

Some garage sale! I contributed $14.00 of that $14,000.00 LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

This morning I went through my jewelry armoire and did a quick purge/ inventory/ organizing.

I will ask a friend to list three items on ebay. The other miscellaneous will go to Goodwill the next time I am in the area, probably later this month.

I must be doing well if my daily purge is down to jewelry.

There is rain in the forecast again next week. During the beautiful summer months I will use the rainy days to clean and purge around the house. It has been about half a year since I went through paperwork; I should probably go back through  those files for cleaning. That's also something that can be done in half-hour periods while watching TV in the evening.

#Use it or Lose it

Honored Contributor

We went to recycling this morning and there’s a Goodwill dropoff there so I was able to take the two large bins that had been under our kitchen sink. I also had a small bag (Trader Joe’s paper shopping bag) crammed full with some miscellaneous stuff so we took that also,  

I’m so excited about how our cabinets look under our kitchen sink that I took a picture this morning and am sharing it for today’s show and tell. 

45D1A8DE-92C6-4C86-8C08-D0D55EE6062E.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh : that under sink cabinet-spartan! A thing of beauty and an inspiration for us all. Thanks for sharing!

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I did the same thing yesterday!  I cleaned out my bottom kitchen cabinets and today I went through the medicine chest and purged lots of old meds.  

Trusted Contributor

As I may have mentioned here before, I will be moving to Delaware in August.  I will be going from 6-1/2 rooms to a 2 bedroom apartment.  

So ... I have been really going thru everything the last week.  I am working with a woman who sells on Ebay who is helping with my Christopher Radko Christmas ornaments.  Today I went thru the bottom of  cabinet, where I keep some platters, etc.  Oh geez, I forgot what was under there!  I put some things aside that I will eventually bring to a thrift store.  I put in recycling things that should have been dumped a while ago.  And I found more Christopher Radko plates/platters/teapot that I'm hoping will be sold.  They are beautiful pieces, but I will not have a need for them.

I was able to fit the bottom cabinet into one box.  But I still have way too many bottles of wine!  Maybe I should start drinking moreWoman LOL.  

This evening I will attack the top part of the cabinet where I keep my extra set of dishes.

Valued Contributor

I gathered up a few things today. Most are new (I either don't like or don't need), and will be donated to the homeless shelter: bars of soap, toothbrushes, shower cap, and bra.

I'll be tossing some old socks as well. (238 items gone YTD)

Honored Contributor

Our pantry is always in good shape, but I took a really good look at it today.  Spent some time on it. Moved a few things around and got rid of six things. 

I pulled out another shopping bag from my stash so I can start working on my next Goodwill contribution. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Today was a good day for purging.  Ventured into the attic, and after some sorting and consulting with son, was able to donate a big bin of outgrown toys and other items.

Also donated some modern candle holders, another set of 4 mugs, a covered butter dish, two baskets, two leopard print pillows (?) and some other random items.

Things I haven't taken to the site yet, but are ready to go-- a growing pile of clothing, mostly shirts...