Respected Contributor

Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

Happy New Year to everyone!

Because last years "what have you purged today?" thread was such a huge success, let's continue on into 2019!

Big purges, small purges, anything that goes out of your house for any reason, post it here! We love reading about everyone's experiences for ideas and motivation. This year we will continue to rid ourselves of the unloved, unwanted and unnecessary items in our homes. Let's get rid of the excess and give ourselves some room to breathe and relax and get organized!

Everyone, please join in, the more the merrier!

Here's to a lighter 2019!

Regular Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

[ Edited ]

Hi!  I really havent been on the boards here for a long time.

I havent purged anything this year.. the year is only 7 hours old. LOL!!

But yesterday we took a cookware set and some skillets to the Good Will.

And man oh man, it was so busy there for donations.

Cars cars everywhere. It was so busy that they have to change the drop off point.

There were like 5 tractor trailers there just collecting donations.

I guess everyone wanted to get that last minute tax donation..

Honored Contributor

haven't done anything specific, but continue to clear out my closet of stuff to resell,  

doing long hard look at everything.  

Respected Contributor

I finally got my donations dropped off this last Saturday too and started another box on Sunday. I take most of my items to a women's domestic shelter resale shop and fortunately for me, they weren't busy at all.

I got my Christmas tree taken down Sunday and found another handful of small ornaments that I don't care for. I put them in a baggie and started another donate box. It was only about 8 small ornaments, but that's 8 ornaments I won't have to fight around next year. Every little bit helps! 

Honored Contributor

I have so many tee shirts and usually wear the same 10 or 20 so every winter I purge them out.  I usually keep some from each color group in case I need a match.  Most are not good enough to donate so we have lots of new rags and my ferret loves them to sleep in.  I already purged my jeans and got rid of those I didn't really wear much.  And as for my socks - the washer and dryer makes them disappear so I throw out those that have no mate!  I finally got rid of all the bras I know I will never wear again since I found Wacoal.  I am organizationally challenged and I'm ok with that but I have to say it is kind of freeing.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting the new thread for the new year @rnmom. I have a few items bagged up and ready to be dropped off at the donations center, possibly later today. I spent some time yesterday shredding some papers that had begun to pile up, that is after I cleared the clog in my shredder, lol. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1- You are very welcome! This thread was just too good, as long as some others were still interested too, I had to keep it going for the new year. 

Respected Contributor

@nmurray- Wow, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate! 

We moved into our current home about 61/2 years ago and I'm not planning on moving again until the kids are grown and out of the house and hubby and I are ready to downsize. I'm hoping that they take a lot of stuff with them when they go because we have a LOT here and moving is such a BIG job. While downsizing sounds fun in theory, I'm really not looking forward to moving again, it is so much work.

Best of luck to you in the upcoming year!

Honored Contributor

I threw out the 2018 wall calendar so far............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I'm just hoping I won't bring in anything I don't need this year.