Honored Contributor

Re: Decisions made on kitchen renovation

@froggy @Mominohio   Love the softer greys and I love the idea of white appliances.

Our kitchen is darker greys, we FINALLY finished all the painting (light grey) in the pantry and darker in the kitchen. We had SS appliances but they didn't look good against the dark grey. We needed new appliances anyway, I wasn't happy with what we had so yes I went back back to white, pristine white. Looks great, I love my ktichen  now!

Good luck with your re-do, it take a while to get there but I hope you love your new kitchen!

Honored Contributor

Make sure you take before and after pics to share with us!!

Love your choices so far.

Honored Contributor

I love the flooring you've picked.

White cabinets are my favorite too - just so clean looking. 

Both choices for the countertops are beautiful.  I really like the one on the left though. 

I think white appliances will look perfect with your choices so far!

Honored Contributor

OP---very nice choices !!! I am going toward that direction myself maybe with more beige in the mix. Greige is what you call it. Hope you will keep posting during your reno.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  I'm sure whatever you picked will be nice and, most importantly, will suit you... I can't weigh in with any real honesty, because the samples don't show up clearly enough on my computer to make any kind of assessment. Hope you are more than pleased with the finished product.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Love the color choices..looking forward to seeing the updates. 

You will love your pretty, serene, happy kitchen. Cooking in a pleasant room that you love makes a world of difference. It takes a little time to get use to but you soon love it. I know I did.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Mominohio   I love the floor.  However, I have no idea what the other samples are for.  You have a white samples and 2 other patterned ones.  What's up?

@Katcat1 

The big one is the floor. 

The one that looks white, is an ivory sample for the color of the cabinets. 

The two that look like granite/quartz, are samples of countertop, which is going to be laminate. 

@Mominohio - The smaller patterned sample looks exactly like my countertop design, which I adore. I was going to go with white cabinets but ended up choosing natural maple instead; the wood tones coordinate well with the countertops and feel light and modern yet cozy.

Have fun with all your planning—I hope everything turns out exactly as you imagine it (or even better)!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Mominohio   I love the floor.  However, I have no idea what the other samples are for.  You have a white samples and 2 other patterned ones.  What's up?

@Katcat1 

The big one is the floor. 

The one that looks white, is an ivory sample for the color of the cabinets. 

The two that look like granite/quartz, are samples of countertop, which is going to be laminate. 

@Mominohio - The smaller patterned sample looks exactly like my countertop design, which I adore. I was going to go with white cabinets but ended up choosing natural maple instead; the wood tones coordinate well with the countertops and feel light and modern yet cozy.

Have fun with all your planning—I hope everything turns out exactly as you imagine it (or even better)!

@loriqvc 

Funny you should mention a natural maple. I've been considering a different finish, like a warm maple, but I have a yearning for something totally different than anything I've ever had. I did the white kitchen thing in my first home, have had a darker wood (or some kind of cheapo wood by product! LOL) in this house, and just have a hankering for something different. Hope I'm happy in the long term with going ivory/cream/antique white. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio 

I like your color choices.  Remodeling is a pain, but exciting.  Time moves a tad slow but it gives you something to look forward to when you finally see the results.  I hope all goes smoothly.  Happy Remodeling.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio - Don't forget to take lots of before, during, and after photos—even with all the excitement of the final outcome, it is really fun to track how you got there!