Honored Contributor

I like it!   The pillows would have to go along with the flowers, but this room is warm and inviting to me.  I don't look at the furnishings as being dated.   

Valued Contributor
While I like NOTHING in these rooms color and/or style wise, it doesn't seem dated to me in any way! Just not my groove and that's ok!
Honored Contributor

The over-stuffed furniture seems dated.  I'd prefer something more sleek and transitional but still comfortable.  It seems massive, overly large and heavy. I like the bright sunny colors.  They're a different palette than harvest gold and avocado green. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Not my color choices. It just darkens the room with that horrible ceiling. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it definitely works for today. Good taste and good color schemes are timeless.

Esteemed Contributor

Dated, yes, but I LOVE it!

Honored Contributor

This room looks very comfortable, although, it is a little "lackluster".  Also I prefer a wooden, stone, or glass coffee table.

Honored Contributor

The many "can" ceiling lights, combined with the pendant lighting that they have, does stamp it of a certain era.

It's not really the "datedness" that is the most objectionable, necessarily,  it's the "one note" quality it seems to have.  Too much is the same.  Warm tones can be wonderful, but the way they are combined here is pedestrian. 

The welcome 'hit' of the coppery/terra cotta pillows is a small step in the right direction, but then they're sort of drowned by the sameness of all the golden tones, right down to the rug.  Brownish-gold ceiling with beams picked out in white, further bring down the look, for me.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

The many "can" ceiling lights, combined with the pendant lighting that they have, does stamp it of a certain era.

It's not really the "datedness" that is the most objectionable, necessarily,  it's the "one note" quality it seems to have.  Too much is the same.  Warm tones can be wonderful, but the way they are combined here is pedestrian. 

The welcome 'hit' of the coppery/terra cotta pillows is a small step in the right direction, but then they're sort of drowned by the sameness of all the golden tones, right down to the rug.  Brownish-gold ceiling with beams picked out in white, further bring down the look, for me.   

@Oznell Why do you always say it so much better then I do lol! Both you and @stevieb have me beat by a mile and I love it. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Let's go over there and redo this room for the family!