Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Dark walls with a pop of color in the furniture!

@LTT1 I agree!

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely ADORE the wall color.  Everyone I know who is on-trend is painting their walls this color.  I'm seeing it all over Facebook.  If I had the time and energy, I would absolutely paint my walls this color.  The problem is that it is very trendy, and unless you like to paint every 10 years or so, this color will look very dated very quickly.  As for the room's stying, I think it looks unfinished.  It needs more on the wall higher above the mantel and the sofa should be a light grey.  I would say this is a good start, but they still have a ways to go before it looks right.

Honored Contributor

Never during my lifetime will I have walls in any shade of gray, and the dark slate is the absolute pits.  I can't believe anyone thinks it's attractive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The walls are much too dark & the green furniture is absolutely UGLY ..... I would have nightmares if I had to look at this every day😫🤪🤢

Trusted Contributor

It's amusing how some are incapable of expressing their dislike of the designs in these type of threads without insulting those who enjoy them.  Apparently, "bad taste" is expressed in many ways.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't like any of the "accessories" in the room. The paintings and the stuff on the mantle is too cluttered. But otherwise, I don't dislike the colorings. I wonder, though, if that chair is for sitting or for decoration.

Honored Contributor

Way too cave like for me---maybe one small wall but not the whole room. My brothers house is dark like that--on the floors and walls with dark furniture--awful!!!

Honored Contributor

Clear the decorative items off the mantel and let me replace them with other thngs and I like the fireplace. That's about it. I don't like the furniture, though I like some of the colors. Trendy or not, I don't care for charcoal grey or black walls.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Nope. Hate this.

Respected Contributor

Get Rid of every piece of furinture and knick knack in the room and I LOVE it. So soft, soothing and easy on the eyes.