Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Dark walls with a pop of color in the furniture!

The dark gray with white accent reminds me of like Alberti’s dining room.

I am not a fan of the furniture, but the wall color is nice in the right room.

Esteemed Contributor

Like missy1, I love the wall color but would furnish it differently.  I actually like darker walls & rooms.  I'm sooooo over the Light & Bright decorating style that I know most people prefer.  I was never a fan of it and it appears cold and uninviting to me.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I too like the color of the wall.

But not the furniture or anything.

A dark wall in a dining room or library/study can look very elegant but I think its tricky to get the other colors and furnishings just right.

I recently visited my friends new house and the house had a dark navy/teal on the walls. It was really lovely. I liked everything about it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I think it looks like someone interesting lives there, an artistic or Bohemian type.  A lot of the shelter magazines, like "Elle Decor",  and "House Beautiful" etc. go for this look. 

I wouldn't pick it to live in (unless it were just one room in the house, like a den or library), since I usually lean light and airy, but can definitely see the appeal of such an attractively "moody" room....

Honored Contributor

I like it...maybe not for me but it is different and interesting. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Awful.  Reminds me of The Munsters.

HAHAHA, @Scooby Doo, I was going to say Adams Family!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

A dark wall in a dining room or library/study can look very elegant but I think its tricky to get the other colors and furnishings just right.

I recently visited my friends new house and the house had a dark navy/teal on the walls. It was really lovely. I liked everything about it.

@on the bay At first, I was like no not for me way too dark, but after a while, I kept looking at it and thought , you know maybe with different furniture and decor this could be a beautiful room. My sister in law several years ago had an accent wall in Bright Yellow, and everyone who came into her home fell in love with it.....It was just so gorgeous and she had accents of red, yellow and blue that went together so well....I love a dark wall if accented right...... 

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Personally, I would remove all of the furnishings, including the mantel, and replace the charcoal gray fireplace with copper or brass instead with no mantel and make it smaller and more intimate.  I agree with @on the bay - there's something elegant, as @on the bay said:  "A dark wall in a dining room or library/study can look very elegant but I think its tricky to get the other colors and furnishings just right."

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the furniture colors.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

An artist lives here!

Who could have envisioned that those soft gray walls would really “set off” that green chair? That makes it look lit from within!

Would I re-do my entire 🏡 with this look? No, but maybe a room if I had the right kind of place.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~