Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Yes on the beams. The white furniture never in my world. White walls a definite yes.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Meowingkitty 

had not thought about the white furniture as being a drawback

This look is a bit too "cold" for my taste, especially in winter and if there was snow out!

It either needs some color, or maybe not all white walls.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

I don't like the dark beams, but the room is beautiful. It needs some color, though.

Honored Contributor

I like dark beams. This room is fine as is but if mine I think I would replace the sofa with one that is larger and more comfortable looking. The color of the sofa would change too. The bust would have to go and the art above the fireplace would have to be more warm and welcoming.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Beams Living Room

[ Edited ]

The beams are all right, though I might opt to play them down by painting them some other color, even though they coordinate with the windows, which I like... Every other thing in this room needs to be thrown out, starting with the ugly rug, the ugly coffee table and the uglier lighting. Then, we'll start over... We might possibly be able to salvage the two chairs...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Love the dark beams against the white paint.
No to the white sofa and coffee table.
The rug competes with the lines of the beams, so no.
Yes to the blue chairs with purple pillows.
Ceiling light is cool.
Honored Contributor

I like the shape of the room, but I don't like the black and white scheme.  Far too cold for me.

The black beams look like fake, molded plastic and I've never been a fan of black window frames.  Strangely enough, I do like what I can see of the painting over the fireplace and the two blue chairs at least add some color.  The rest of it would have to go, I'm afraid.

Respected Contributor

Love the beams, but I feel the rug competes with their uniqueness. I can envision this room with a less visually distracting rug, one bringing in some soft color.  

Honored Contributor

I like the beams and the architecture of the space. The chairs are ok. I would prefer more color & warmth in the furnishings.