Trusted Contributor

Damaged Flameless Candle Trick

I have a tall flameless candle that was in a hard to access location. As a result, I did not change the batteries and they leaked battery acid and ate away the metal spring.

I did not want to pitch the candle, so I took some aluminum foil and made sure it made contact inside. Voila! It lit up and I did not have to pitch the candle.

Now if I can only figure out how to fix candles that I have dropped and have dents/gouges. Maybe take a long lighter and heat it up and try to reshape it. Anyone have any repair tips?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Damaged Flameless Candle Trick

Thank you Flickerbulb. I have last years version of the Candle Impressions Lantern with the three cancles. A battery had blown up and corroded inside. I just now put a bit of foil inside on the treminal.  Now it works again  Smiley Happy You made my day with your advice. So grateful.I hope you get this message. Thanks again!! Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

I have a tall flameless candle that was in a hard to access location. As a result, I did not change the batteries and they leaked battery acid and ate away the metal spring.

I did not want to pitch the candle, so I took some aluminum foil and made sure it made contact inside. Voila! It lit up and I did not have to pitch the candle.

Now if I can only figure out how to fix candles that I have dropped and have dents/gouges. Maybe take a long lighter and heat it up and try to reshape it. Anyone have any repair tips?

@flickerbulb

To fix dents and gouges in my candles I take a knife like a butter knife and I heat it up on the flame on my stove burner. I let it cool a little bit and then I just lay it against the candle and smooth out the dent that way and it works like a charm. Hope this helps. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all the great ideas!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have some small seashell shaped candles and when they needed new batteries they were those flat ones, and the replacement ones were too thin. My DH the electrical engineer put a dime in each one between the battery and the little door to make them fit tighter. I was worried that wasn't safe but he assures me it is fine.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@flickerbulb, I notice you were not posting during CIJ 2018.  Hope all is well with you.  Boy is this a really old thread--2012.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR, very observant of you!  I read the whole thread and never noticed!!!  LM

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb...depending on where the dents are in the candles, maybe you could glue strips of wood or anything that goes with your decor (cinnamon sticks for winter) or wind twine around the candles????