Trusted Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Scooby Doo said:

I know, right! I dust, and then two months later I have to do it all over again. Just a vicious cycle.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Arizona + desert = dust

I use swiffers for light tidying up. I use wet microfiber cloths for heavier stuff.

Honored Contributor
I am putting in new windows and I am hoping that helps. I can't seem to stay ahead of the dust in my house . We had the ductwork cleaned last year and it made no difference at all...I was just sure my dust problems would be gone.....but it's still here!
Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 lovesrecess said: I am putting in new windows and I am hoping that helps. I can't seem to stay ahead of the dust in my house . We had the ductwork cleaned last year and it made no difference at all...I was just sure my dust problems would be gone.....but it's still here!

We had new doors and windows installed over a several year period, and I certainly did see a difference. Our old windows were original to the house (and cheap ones at that) and they were letting in more than air.

Valued Contributor

If you have an older home like we do, I have plaster dust all over. If you have pets running around, well that makes dust too. A very unrewarding chore. I hate it. When the weather gets nice, you open the windows and again dust comes in. For those of you who run an a/c does that help or not?

Super Contributor

I live in FL and once a week for furniture is good. If I wait two weeks I will see dust on furniture. However my wood floors is a different story. I have a 5lb long haired Chihuahua and its not the dog hair dust. We just must make dust on the wood floors. It is extremely annoying.

Respected Contributor
Too, quarterly I take toss pillows outside and hand " smack " them all around to get the dust off of them. Shake out blankets and afghan more frequently. Vacuum drapes and curtains - use either the fabric brush or mesh covered vacuum hose ( piece of old pantyhose ) to protect fabric's surface. Use wet dish cloth to clean top and bottom of plant leaves -- one reason I got rid of a lot of them: dust collectors. On our high wooden ceilings I use a lambs wool duster and frequently clean it outside. I found that after new construction, the dust would appear almost immediately. It seems the construction dust slowly filters out and down for months!
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I've heard cleaning ducts is pretty much a waste. My place is the original dust bowl and I've pretty much just given up and decided dusting and vacuuming more often are the only solutions, aside, of course, from just looking the other way!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...