Respected Contributor

Re: DOMINICK DUNNE'S COUNTRY HOUSE

Like the pictures of his home shared by the OP this is a really nice and simple look for an apartment. I don't like clutter and the warm colors are perfect for relaxing. Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

I would be very comfortable and happy in this home, it is so warm and inviting and has much appeal in its furnishings and decor. 

Respected Contributor

i had to scroll through these photos more than once.  beautiful ... just beautiful.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, thanks for posting those pictures of his charming apartment, @Somertime!  I've always wanted to see how he would live in a city apartment.

Have always been interested in John Gregory Dunne and Joan Didion's places too.  But I don't think they went in for spreads in "Architectural Digest", ha.  Could be wrong, but haven't stumbled on anything.

There seems to be a 'family interest' in houses and interiors--  judging by Didion's writings.  And her hubby John G. showed his fastidiousness--  in one of her autobiographical pieces, she mentions the 'relaxed' housekeeping standards of her childhood homes in California and elsewhere.  Once when visiting her parents, I think, John Gregory Dunne went around writing "DUST" in the dust he found on furniture etc. around the house!

Honored Contributor

New York mystifies me.  How can anyone relax in an outdoor space with potentially several thousand people staring from their windows at you?  I bet those spaces aren't much used, especially if the resident is a celebrity.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropirate

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Apparently, Griffin Dunne has done a documentary on Joan Didion called:

Joan Didion:  The Center Will Not Hold

It's on Netflix.  I haven't seen it but will make apoint, now, to watch it!

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Wow I could move in there tomorrow, it’s totally my style.

ME TOO.

Honored Contributor

Love both his homes. His country place exudes warmth and quality.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you for posting the pictures.  The home is lovely, beautifully decorated, and just my style.  I could easily live there.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!