Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU HAVE FAVORITE PAINT COLORS?

Oh, here's another blue-ey green one that designers love and often use in beach inspired decor.  It's "Sea Salt",  by Sherwin Williams.  Stunning color.

I'm not even a "coral" person, but my friend Donna in her first living room in New Orleans in a charming shotgun cottage, had something called "Persian Red" which I will never get over, it was so beautiful.  Despite the name, it was a medium coral, that just glowed, and made her oriental rug look incredible, and was great for the complexions of people too!   Wish I knew the name of the paint manufacturer of that... 

Honored Contributor

I love Dover White by Sherwin Williams.  It's the prettiest shade of bright parchment of warm vanilla that highlights bright colors and art well.

Honored Contributor

Roman Column by Williams-Sonoma for woodwork.

Navajo White was an old Lucite paint color that I had to paint our den every summer.  That room must have been a foot smaller by the time I left home as many times as I think I painted that thing!

We did love that color though!  We always had one accent wall, sometimes a mossy green or sometimes a coral. . . 

Honored Contributor

In my small home I stick with the creams and whites.

Honored Contributor

I wish I felt confident in picking out pretty colors for my home , but neither DH or I can paint so we have to hire a painter, and that makes painting into a real investment. I can't afford to take a chance with color.

Valued Contributor

My bedroom has been painted for the past 20 years in the Benjamin Moore historic collection's "Wyndham Cream."  It's the palest of pale creamy yellows.  I can't give it up!

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, here's another blue-ey green one that designers love and often use in beach inspired decor.  It's "Sea Salt",  by Sherwin Williams.  Stunning color.

I'm not even a "coral" person, but my friend Donna in her first living room in New Orleans in a charming shotgun cottage, had something called "Persian Red" which I will never get over, it was so beautiful.  Despite the name, it was a medium coral, that just glowed, and made her oriental rug look incredible, and was great for the complexions of people too!   Wish I knew the name of the paint manufacturer of that... 

My daughter and SIL just painted their kitchen "Sea Salt" by Sherwin Williams.  It is an absolutely heavenly color!

My go to color is Sherwin Williams "Patience."  I've mixed it with several tan shades and a brown shade throughout my home.  And, have used it in common areas and hallways and foyers.  I ended up using it in both bathrooms and in our guest bedroom.  And, we're getting ready to paint our basement rec room, and will be using it there also.  It's such a soft and pleasing color.  And, it tends to look just a little different in each room, depending on the lighting and the decor.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

I had a new  bow window installed with unfinished wood on the inside.  I needed something that could compete with the whiteness of the white vinyl.  I used Sherwin Williams Extra White in High Gloss.  It is every bit as white as the vinyl and has a sheen to it too like the vinyl.  It was tricky to apply though.

Honored Contributor

I can guess approximately what "Wyndham Cream" looks like, and what Sherwin Wiliams "Extra White" looks like.  But, onlyshopsonline, what color is "Patience"-- you have me intrigued!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell Google images for Sherwin Williams Patience...  Here are two samples that came up.

Image result for sherwin williams patience

Image result for sherwin williams patience

In my pantry with my cupcakes...