Frequent Contributor

DIY, anyone? Our faux pipe for a faux stove heater!

Any DIYers out there? We bought real fireplace vent pipes (black to match black units) and attached them to faux stoves in our guest house. It was awhile ago, but I thought I'd share.

We've done them in two styles. One as a pipe going straight up with the decorative framing piece that "vents" through the ceiling and one that was a shorter pipe that had an elbow and framing piece to "vent" out of the wall behind the stove. (shown)

We hot glued the pipes to the top of the stoves just to steady them, the ends that touch the ceiling or wall just rest against them. It's all just an illusion after all. Smiley Happy You could certaintly fasten them though, either with hot glue or small picture nails.

Added a layer of brick to the floor under one of them (just placed the bricks there, not cemented in) and it was pretty believable! You at least had to look twice. Smiley Happy

If you try it, maybe you'll post a photo? It would be fun to see others' artistic talents blooming! Heart

Our faux stove

Respected Contributor

Re: DIY, anyone? Our faux pipe for a faux stove heater!

Nice Job!  I've always been a DIYer and into recycling or upcycling.  But my DIYer days are starting to wain the older I get.  (Though today I was under the kitchen sink fiddling around with the drain trap.)

Honored Contributor

Looks very nice.  Thanks for the photo too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Hi @LibbyLib , I love it ! Really cute idea, looks nice !👍 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the kind words, ladies! Heart

Honored Contributor

Great idea ...it truly looks real.

Honored Contributor

I have about a half dozen of these stoves, and what a great idea! This looks so much more finished, real and so nice. 

You have great ideas, a great eye, and this is just fabulous!

Frequent Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I have about a half dozen of these stoves, and what a great idea! This looks so much more finished, real and so nice. 

You have great ideas, a great eye, and this is just fabulous!

@Mominohio Thank you so much! 😊 I'm not in the forums regularly and just saw this now. I wish I'd seen it sooner! Who couldn't use a kind stranger giving them such compliments?! You must be a blessing to everyone around you. Being open and giving is a beautiful attribute - we never know what a person is going through. Brightening someone's day makes the world a better place and I just wanted you to know I appreciate you! ❤