Honored Contributor

DIRECTOR NANCY MEYERS' OWN HOUSE

AD0722_MEYERS_20.jpg

People tend to swoon over the interiors in Nancy Meyers' movies, that she's directed, or written or produced, going all the way back to "Baby Boom".   Then "The Holiday",  Something's Got to Give",  "It's Complicated",  etc.   You can see she has a knack, has had a hand in the set design, and it's been widely pleasing.

Neutrals, wood and white are her watchwords.  She definitely has a pared down style.   I find it "nice",  not especially exciting, but peaceful.

If you haven't seen it yet, here's a wee peek.

This vintage settee, under the massed prints, might be one of my favorites.

AD0722_MEYERS_13.jpg

Love the spindled chairs in the living room.

AD0722_MEYERS_6.jpg

AD0722_MEYERS_15.jpg

Hey, I have that same bunch of eucalyptus leaves 'carelessly' spilling out of a white vessel in my living room.  Could I design for one of Nancy's movies....

AD0722_MEYERS_12.jpg

AD0722_MEYERS_14.jpg

AD0722_MEYERS_4.jpg

AD0722_MEYERS_5.jpg

It does seem like a good house for entertaining, and the indoors and outdoors merge seamlessly.

AD0722_MEYERS_21-1.jpg

The exterior of the house is lovely.

AD0722_MEYERS_3.jpg

No surprise about the neutrals, you could have guessed that from her films.  I would have thought there might be more "surprises", especially since she was helped in the re-do by Mark D. Sikes.

Have noticed that people who work in the visual arts, like she does, sometimes go for total "calm" in their home surroundings, as a way of decompressing from all the stimulation they get at work. 

Honored Contributor

Re: DIRECTOR NANCY MEYERS' OWN HOUSE

I think it looks beautiful, so comfy and tasteful. 

Honored Contributor

I have loved all of her movies!!!

Respected Contributor

I like it very much.  Calm, tasteful, beautiful throughout.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell You certainly could design for one of her movies!!  Thanks again for sharing these interesting posts and pictures!

BTW, the Holiday is one of my all time favorite movies, I watch it every Christmas Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Oznell, you have such a sharp eye and beautiful sense of style, I'm sure Nancy would love to have you collaborate on her next project!

I love white furniture and fixtures. And as much as I like and appreciate the tranquility most of these rooms radiate, I found myself wishing there were pops of color here and there.

The exterior looks lovely. I would sit outside in the first picture all day.

Many stunning elements, especially in the kitchen. I thought though the huge island takes up too much room and makes the room feel a little closed in.

Thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Highly appealing and a nice mix if just a bit too neutral and with a too contemporary vibe for me. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I also love The Holiday and Somethings Gotta Give. 

Honored Contributor

I really like this house. 

I'm not a fan of the pops of colophrase used constantly.  I'd probably really dislike the color choices, especially red.

Beautiful floral arrangements and colorful houseplants are enough for me

Honored Contributor

The exterior front and back of the house is just lovely ..and the interior did not disappoint...I like all of it!

The neutral colors with fresh greenery plus hints of black..LOVE!