Respected Contributor

Re: DINING NOOK IN BROOKLINE, MASSACHUSETTS

The room, furniture and carpet are wonderful. Love the greens of the couch and chairs

The ceiling light was distracting and although I love AH, I would also remove her picture. 

If I could choose anything in the room, it would be a toss up between the couch and the table, which is unique and quite lovely.

Thank you for sharing Oznell!

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't get past the velvet banquette and how hard it would be to slide in and out of if you get stuck in the middle.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for the elements, the only one I like is the green banquette. As for the overall room, sheer awful. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Very intersting.  The green is very eye pleasing.

Esteemed Contributor

I would keep the couch and table.  Everything else has to go.

Esteemed Contributor

None of it appeals to me either.  I'm not a fan of green and don't care for banquette seating at a table.  I think the banquette is a nice style and would look really nice as a sofa in a house or hotel with the right walls.  I don't care for the chairs whatsoever including the fabric used and the fringe.  The table looks like a cheap Goodwill find that somebody's Uncle Henry made in his garage years ago.  I love AH but not this art piece. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

It's very pretty, but reminds me of a waiting room at a Spa or Nail Salon, not necessarily someone's home. I do think that it makes for interesting conversation!!!

Respected Contributor

Sorry, this photo gives me the willies.Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not really appealing to me. There's nothing here I love. I'd like the space better if the spidery ceiling lights and AH print was removed. Nothing against her; just don't like that print in this space. 

Honored Contributor

I had a sneaking suspicion this would be another 'Rhorshach test' one.

@moonandthestars ,  you have an intelligent critique;  I somewhat agree with you about the general over-use of both Audrey and Marilyn.  In this instance, I'm making an exception since I think the light-hearted whimsy of the corner is in very much sync with that stylized, pop art rendition of Audrey Hepburn.  For me, every single element comes together in a way that enhances every other element.