Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  These are just beautiful! Your neighbor is very lucky to receive it. Did you teach your daughter her how to quilt? She is so talented. I still think about the rooster tote she made; the fabric's print was great. Can't find it now, but I remember wanting one. 😄❤️ Wish I had even half of her talents and energy. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  what a lovely gift.  I am sure the recipient will cherish it!  Thanks for posting.  LM

Honored Contributor

That is just so pretty,love the colors in it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

What a work of art!  Fabulous job!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey   No she does not sell them.  She does them as gifts.  She gives them as wedding gifts and has done several as baby shower gifts.  She asks what the nursery theme is and what colors are preferred.  The baby quilts are adorable.

The largest she has done is a queen size.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi 1883   No, I didn't teach her.  I wouldn't know where to begin.

She took 1 or 2 classes years ago but bascially taught herself.  It was trial and error. She will see a design, maybe watch a tutorial, and offf she goes.

Esteemed Contributor

Being a quilt maker myself, I certainly appreciate the work it takes to piece a quilt let alone the quilting - which is beautiful.

Quilts are truly gifts from the heart. I'm not sure many people know the time and effort it takes.

I shipped my twin grands their quilts for their 5th bday and they love them. Of course, they say its their favorite until the next one arrives, lol.

Since we are still home a lot, I have used this time to finish works that I started some time ago. I'm putting the sashing on the last one today and have a binding to sew down. Then two more are at the long arm gal waiting to be quilted. One is a gift for my daughter for Christmas.

Oh, sorry this seemed to get so long, lol.

Regular Contributor

The quilting detail on the back is just as stunning as all the colors used in the design on the front.

What is the name given to that style of quilt pattern? And by the way, please convey to your DD how wonderful her artistry is.

Honored Contributor

Just beautiful, what a nice personal gift, I am sure she will really enjoy it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pipsqueak   I believe it is a churn dash pattern, whatever that is.  She tells me different styles but I just know they are pretty.  DD is a work now but I will double check.