Respected Contributor

DAWN. SPRAY. FOAM. TO THE. RESCUE. AGAIN !!!!!!

If you need another reason to love Dawn:

Last week I decided to respray a wrought iron ornament to evenly coat the front and back.  Went to my work area under some old pine trees and being in a hurry let the wet scene slip from my hand into pine needles.  Well, barehanded I picked them off and got my fingers coated with thick orange-colored Rustoleum.

Ran to the kitchen sink for the brush and soap to remove the goo; however, wasn't happening.  Since I had to get on the road quickly, I pulled out my Dawn foam and used the brush....WOW, it came right off !

Then I noticed the V-shaped paint mark on the midriff of my black dress.  Well, the brush and Dawn took it all off.  Today I laundered my dark clothes- the black dress is perfect !

Keep the Dawn handy !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: DAWN. SPRAY. FOAM. TO THE. RESCUE. AGAIN !!!!!!

@jlkz

Is Dawn foam purchased as a cleaner? Or do you mix stuff to make it into a "foam" yourself? TIA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

That stuff works miracles on showers and shower glass doors.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

If she's doing what I do, you mix equal parts Dawn and white vinegar in a spray bottle.  The sprayer makes it foam.  Great stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairiemoon   TY - a new use for two products always in my house anyway.  Never realized they'd create foam.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon

Thank you so much for the "recipe." I have a few items that need help!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I seem to get salad dressing often on my clothing. And Dawn seems to be the only thing that will get the salad dressing spot off the clothes. I even keep a bottle of Platinum Dawn in the laundry room.

I impressed my brother (hard to do). When he came for the holidays and thought he ruined a new shirt with a new stain on the front of the shirt. And Dawn cleaned the stain. He even bought a bottle for himself.

I will have to try the Dawn spray foam. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Honored Contributor

As I continue reading this thread let me throw in a slight disclaimer.  The recipe I posted was what I use to clean the shower and the shower doors.  I have never used it on fabric.  I'm not sure if the OP was using the same stuff I use in the bathroom, or if she had a different product.

I don't want anyone to ruin any of their clothing!!! 

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@jlkz

Is Dawn foam purchased as a cleaner? Or do you mix stuff to make it into a "foam" yourself? TIA

They the dawn comes from the store in a foaming spray bottle.  I did not mix it with anything.  HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@jlkz

They the dawn comes from the store in a foaming spray bottle.  I did not mix it with anything.  HTH

@jlkz,

Is this it? Thanks.

m000112595_sc7.jpg