Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

One more question--how did they get the ribbon to curl???

When comparing the photos, the curled ribbon adds so much to the total effect.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎11-15-2010

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

Whitelinen - looks like you would buy wire edged ribbon and then take the cardboard center tube from a roll of paper towels, wrap the ribbon around the cardboard tube and pull it out. I think that would make the ribbon form to have the "ringlet curl" look.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 3,874
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

I really like those! Simple, classic, but a little different. Very nice, Mallemo! Thanks for sharing.

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

On 8/19/2014 Pink56 said: Whitelinen - looks like you would buy wire edged ribbon and then take the cardboard center tube from a roll of paper towels, wrap the ribbon around the cardboard tube and pull it out. I think that would make the ribbon form to have the "ringlet curl" look.

Genius Pink!! Thanks very much.

Luv this forum!!!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,735
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

On 8/19/2014 whitelinen said:

One more question--how did they get the ribbon to curl???

When comparing the photos, the curled ribbon adds so much to the total effect.

I think wired ribbon will do that but I'm not sure.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,904
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

Does Michaels have the tulle or would one have to go to a fabric store?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,735
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

On 8/19/2014 happygal said:

Does Michaels have the tulle or would one have to go to a fabric store?

I have not looked for it there but they might. I know Hobby Lobby and JoAnns has it. I think Walmart has it also.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,310
Registered: ‎06-06-2011

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

Great ideas. I purchased a roll of wired burlap ribbon last year just 'cuz and now I have a perfect item to use it on. Thank you for sharing.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎03-31-2010

Re: Cute pumpkin toppers from Pinterest

these are lovely! So simple & affordable to DIY! Thanks for sharing.