Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Not my style, but some interesting design features to note. At the bottom right is an opening that likely is connected to the opening at the top right. I'm guessing that's designed to extract more heat from the fire. It should pull in cool air from ground level, heat it as it passes by the firebox and chimney, then vents the now heated air back into the room. That's kind of clever. Making the whole fireplace white will make keeping it clean nearly impossible though. Anytime that door is opened to add a log, soot will escape and head for the white. It won't stay white long. A bad design choice in terms of color.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman    Wow.....great analysis.    I was only thinking about DUST.   But soot.....OMG.......it would go all the way up to those ceiling beams!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I like the ceiling...

Honored Contributor

I love the design!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of this look.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Love this - in the right setting.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@gardenman    Wow.....great analysis.    I was only thinking about DUST.   But soot.....OMG.......it would go all the way up to those ceiling beams!

Yeah, I've been around too many old fireplaces with serious soot staining. If they're used, soot becomes a problem. Open the door while the fire is burning and that white will no longer be white. If it was porcelain or some very stain-proof/resistant material, it wouldn't be terribly hard to clean, but if it's a plaster or stucco (as it appears to be) then the soot will penetrate and getting it clean again would be nearly impossible. It's pretty now, but check back in five years.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

This does not appeal to me at all. It truly looks like the Elephant In The Room.

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me.