Regular Contributor

For those of you who have curved shower curtain rods, do they really make the shower seem larger? Also, does water splash out over the top onto the floor because the curtain is so far (up to 12 inches) out from the top of the shower stall? TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: Curved Shower Curtain Rods

Hi whatsmyname ~ i don't actually have a curved curtain rod. But a year or two ago, while spending a lot of time out of state cleaning out my Aunt's home and readying it for sale, i practically lived at a nearby hotel. They had the curved rods and i do think it made a bit of difference in feeling more roomy in the shower. For my experience, there was never any issue of water splashing out or over. I'd like to have the same feature at my home.

I tend to be so practical and utilitarian.. i really need to begin adding a little more luxury to the bath at home! I sometimes find myself wishing to be back at the hotel with the granite sinks, wall sconces, and big bright tubs! 'Hope you find what you like!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Respected Contributor

I have a curved shower curtain. I do feel like I have more room and light while in the shower. I have both a pvc liner and a curtain on the rod, so when showering I keep the liner on the inside of the tub and the curtain on the outside. That prevents any water from getting outside the shower. I like the curved rod much better than the straight one.

Occasional Contributor

While we were in the middle of remodeling our bathroom 9 years ago we went on vacation. The hotel where we stayed had a curved shower curtain which we had never seen before. My husband and I loved it! When we got home we told our contractor and he ordered one for us. I use a clear shower liner on the inside and a decorative one on the outside. I have never had a problem with water splashing out of the top or bottom. The curved rod definitely makes the shower much more roomier. I would highly recommend it.
Honored Contributor

Check this one out at Amazon.

Zenna Home 35633SSP, NeverRust Aluminum Tension Curved Shower Curtain Rod, 50 to 72-Inch

It has almost 80 five-starred reviews, and comes in three finishes.

4 out of 5 stars
Honored Contributor

When we did some updating in two of our bathrooms we opted for the curved shower rods, and I'm glad we did. The curved placement of the shower curtain does give a more roomy feeling. Like SassyShopper, I keep a liner inside the tub/shower and the decorative curtain out. There is absolutely no issue with water splashing out on the sides, over the top, or underneath. I definitely recommend this kind of rod if you need more arm room and/or ease of movement within the shower w/o having that closed in feeling.