Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

I Googled Sink Skirt and there are lots of pictures.  Might be helpful

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac   Yes there are quite a few skirts available...I would really like a rod, so I can pick out and sew my own panel.

Respected Contributor

Is there any metal anywhere on the sides?  You could get a magnetic rod. They work really well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Easiest option: use two 3 M hooks on the underside of the sink:  each side where you want the curtain panel to hang.  Then place the curtain's pocket seam or grommets onto the simple rod and place the rod ends onto the 3 M hooks.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@meem120   There is no metal on the sink.

Honored Contributor

Re: Curtain rod

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs   The more I think about this, the more I'm liking the a skirt around the outside of the sink.  I would use an appropriate elastic rather than Velcro. Sew two pieces.  Put it on by having just elastic along the back of the sink, then a section of fabric on each side.  Overlap one side over the other at the front. Secure with a snap, or hook & eye, or pretty button.  If you're up for it, you could put more buttons down the front to keep the flap secure.  It will be removable to launder as needed.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch    Intersting thought - I will see once I get the new sink how I can fasten the elastic at the back of the sink, as it is wall mounted.

I have a large selection of vintage buttons that I could use.  thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a "pressure" curtain rod. I think that's what you're searching for. They come in all sizes and colors. I found mine at BBB but I've seen them at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. 

Respected Contributor

Hi! There are pedestal sinks you can buy which have a small vanity & the footprint is no bigger than the sink. You'd be surprised!

I think that might be easier than a skirt?

This is a cute idea too, though you may not have the room.

BB26CA42-C445-4E21-A73F-77A5632DC7BA.jpeg

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini   What a cute idea.  Originally I was planning a vanity with the sink, but not enough room at the floor.

When we come in from the outside thru the garage the laundry room is to the immediate right - we take off shoes, wet boots in that room and put them in a basket.  If I have a vanity for my cleaning supplies there is no room for boots/shoes, and a place to sit to take off boots is more important than hiding the cleaning supplies.

If I had room I would consider this idea!