Honored Contributor

I am looking for a curtain rod that can be mounted under a FREE STANDING sink that is in my laundry room - there is no vanity below the sink the piping is exposed.

I am getting a new sink this summer and it will be similar to what. have - there is no room for a vanity.

In the past I used velcro and made a curtain to cover the pipes as well as the cleaning supplies that I keep below the sink. The velcro did not hold the fabric.

I cannot think of what to search for or the name of the rod that I would want.   Yes, I have searched, but nothing comes up that I am looking for.

Can anyone help me out. thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Curtain rod

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs  if the underside of the sink is open, what about getting short spring tension rods for each section?  They have all kinds of lengths on Amazon. 

Respected Contributor

Would a spring rod work?

Honored Contributor

The underside of the sink is probably rough which is why the Velcro wouldn't stick.  Why not mount it to the outside which is probably smooth porcelain?

Without knowing something about the shape of the sink, its almost impossible to make suggestions.  Do you have a picture?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Mom2Dogs  if the underside of the sink is open, what about getting short spring tension rods for each section?  They have all kinds of lengths on Amazon. 

@JeanLouiseFinch ...hmmm That might work....I'd just have to hem the fabric a little different on the side panels (or if there is enough room.).push the rods up a little higher under the sink.  I will have to see if there is enough room under the opening under the sink.

It will just be a bit more work because instead of 1 large panel, I'd have to make three smaller panels.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 .....I use the sink a lot - and I think the fabric on top of the sink would get dirty.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud   you and @JeanLouiseFinch  think alike!!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Kachina624 .....I use the sink a lot - and I think the fabric on top of the sink would get dirty.

@Mom2Dogs    So pull it off and wash it!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe post a photo of what youre buying to give a senee of size

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I took a look under my current sink and the sink is open on the sides but no opening on the front, underside, so 3 spring rods would not work.  I can only make that work on the two sides.

I guess I will have to wait and see how the new sink is made, I have not purchased it yet.

If anyone can think of  a specific rod that I can search for, I'd appreciate it...just in case the new sink is made the same way.

I will have to either put the fabric on the outside of the sink as per @Kachina624  suggested which is not really what I want to do....or come up with another idea.

I have thought about vintage shutters...several pair and hinging them together, which would but I have never found 3 decent sets, that were all in good enough condition.

thanks.

I just saw the term SINK SKIRT....that is probably the rod I am looking for.