Respected Contributor

Re: Cuddledown sheets-yikes!

I buy from them every so often, they have great sales. The pricing you were talking about are their very most expensive, they have many that are half that price.  Clearance sheet:  $109 versus now marked down to $32.  Also their prints are fabulous, not to be found any place else. 

Trusted Contributor

Here are some other luxury sheets for comparison, including Cuddledown:

The Best Cotton Sheets for 2022 | Reviews by Wirecutter (nytimes.com)

Honored Contributor

And here I was thinking $200 for a set was expensive.  I haven't purchased new sheets for years,

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   I have two sets of Cuddledown sheets.  I've had one set for well over ten years, and the second set for probably five years.  I only bought the second set because I wanted a different color.

Mine are 400 thread count sateen sheets.  They are by far the best sheets I've ever had.  They're extremely soft and wear well.  They still look brand new.

They are very expensive, as you say, but I don't need to replace them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

What we spend on any item is all relative to so many things including what we put value on and our circumstances.  For some it's waiting till the kids are all educated and out of the house to get the Corvette they wanted since they were a teen.  I have saved up for things that I wanted that others would think I was crazy.  

Honestly I could have bought those sheets, with what I wasted on D&B handbags that sit in my closet and slept on luxury every night.  We all make our choices.  No judgement

@mspatmac - I agree with your point.  For the money I've spent on other things that I didn't need or overbought or have grown tired of....

Can I buy the sheets?  Yes.  But I tend to tire of things maybe quicker than I should so I really had to step back from that.  But, I only own 2 sets of sheets and one set is just about worn out so it's not like I have tons of sheets. My immediate reaction was just sticker shock.  And I didn't get any sort of pop up offering me even 10% off first purchase or anything.  Just the cash back from Rakuten. 

They say you should have 3 sets of sheets-one on the bed, one on the shelf and one in the hamper. At least that's what they say!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

What we spend on any item is all relative to so many things including what we put value on and our circumstances.  For some it's waiting till the kids are all educated and out of the house to get the Corvette they wanted since they were a teen.  I have saved up for things that I wanted that others would think I was crazy.  

Honestly I could have bought those sheets, with what I wasted on D&B handbags that sit in my closet and slept on luxury every night.  We all make our choices.  No judgement

@mspatmac - I agree with your point.  For the money I've spent on other things that I didn't need or overbought or have grown tired of....

Can I buy the sheets?  Yes.  But I tend to tire of things maybe quicker than I should so I really had to step back from that.  But, I only own 2 sets of sheets and one set is just about worn out so it's not like I have tons of sheets. My immediate reaction was just sticker shock.  And I didn't get any sort of pop up offering me even 10% off first purchase or anything.  Just the cash back from Rakuten. 

They say you should have 3 sets of sheets-one on the bed, one on the shelf and one in the hamper. At least that's what they say!

i still really like the sheets I looked at. Rakuten is doing 5% cash back but I wish they had some sort of "sign up for emails and get 10% off first purchase" or something to help with the price.  

I really only need 2 sets.  3 is too many for me. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I am frugal in some areas but when it comes to comfort, if I think something will make a difference,  I am more inclined to spend the money.  And yes, I too have spent money on things that I got tired of, or just didn't use like I thought I would.

Honored Contributor

I have spent a lot of money on great sheetes.  It is amazing how wonderful a really good set of sheets can feel, and also how long they will last.  The best I ever had some 25 years ago came from Portougal and I bought at Tuesday Morning. 

You spend all night in bed sleeping or trying to sleep.  Sheets that help you do that and will last a long time are worth it to me.  I won't buy others until these wear out.  I have 3 sets.  

And what is more important about sheets?  How they look or how they make you feel?

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have spent a lot of money on great sheetes.  It is amazing how wonderful a really good set of sheets can feel, and also how long they will last.  The best I ever had some 25 years ago came from Portougal and I bought at Tuesday Morning. 

You spend all night in bed sleeping or trying to sleep.  Sheets that help you do that and will last a long time are worth it to me.  I won't buy others until these wear out.  I have 3 sets.  

And what is more important about sheets?  How they look or how they make you feel?

@Sooner - both

Honored Contributor

Here are the sheets. I'm not interested in comforters, shams and stuff just sheets and pillowcases. They remind me of a Pansy sheet set I had years and years and years ago and I just loved them and used them till they fell apart. 

98C6D4EC-E685-40AE-B957-E2E200ADDC20.jpeg