Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cuddledown sheets-yikes!

I think they're as expensive as Bolle & Branch.....wayyy $$

Valued Contributor

I've been to their store in Maine and WOW the quality is unlike anything I've seen. I spent a good hour just browsing and touching the different pieces (and got some stuff in the clearance section). If you can get it on sale/clearance if the price is too much for anyone, it will last a LIFETIME!!!!

And honestly, myself included, how much do we spend on useless $#ap that ends up having to be thrown out after a season or a few years? I've smartened up and now buy quality as I can afford or wait for sales or other places where it is more affordable.
Respected Contributor

I love cheap, flimsy sheets--the kind you can sometimes find on tables in gas stations.

In cooler weather, I adore fleece.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I love cheap, flimsy sheets--the kind you can sometimes find on tables in gas stations.

In cooler weather, I adore fleece.

@insomniac2 - on tables in gas stations???

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Gidgetgh, it's been a while since I've seen my favorite sheets at gas stations. Most recently, I've bought them at an outlet mall (in the lobby).

Trusted Contributor

I have a set of Peacock Alley sateen sheets that we love. DH won't sleep on anything else, so we launder them and put them back on. I decided to buy another set.....$1250 for a set.....pillowcases extra! I bought my set at Tuesday Morning two years ago for $50. Guess I got a good deal! One of my little grands likes to get on our bed and out her feet under the "peacock sheets".

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I have a set of Peacock Alley sateen sheets that we love. DH won't sleep on anything else, so we launder them and put them back on. I decided to buy another set.....$1250 for a set.....pillowcases extra! I bought my set at Tuesday Morning two years ago for $50. Guess I got a good deal! One of my little grands likes to get on our bed and out her feet under the "peacock sheets".

@Duckncover - Cuddledown is doing 20% off this weekend and Rakuten is 5% cash back, but I still can't do it,  it would be $400 for the sheets and pillowcases and then $20 back from Rakuten. 

Honored Contributor

Ok, maybe this will be my final post on these sheets, LOL. I just put them in my cart and went to checkout.  

20% off and 5% cash back from Rakuten.  Ok, so maybe I will treat myself to these because I haven't bought sheets in years and only have 2 sets (and one is totally worn out) and I really love them.

I started the checkout process and....and.....$32 for shipping!  I'm already paying way too much for sheets. I'm not going to also pay $32 for shipping. 

So I went to Wayfair and found a set of Pine Cone Hill sheets that I also loved.  We had a Pine Cone Hill set years ago that were my favorite sheets ever and they lasted forever.  I still have the extra set of pillowcases I'd ordered.  These were also pricey, but not as pricey and they had free shipping.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I have to say that shipping cost would cause me to not order too.  I bet it is because they are very high quality sheets and are probably a heavier weight???

I know that shipping and handling fees keeps me from many on line orders.  Glad you found a substitute!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@gidgetgh 

I have to say that shipping cost would cause me to not order too.  I bet it is because they are very high quality sheets and are probably a heavier weight???

I know that shipping and handling fees keeps me from many on line orders.  Glad you found a substitute!

@4kitties yeah, my bed is a king so they'll be the heaviest and I certainly know that if I privately mailed these sheets to someone it would be expensive, but I just couldn't accept the $32 shipping on top of the $400 (sale) price.