Valued Contributor

Re: Crossroads Candles 25% off

Also, if you go to the Crossroads website, there is a button at the very top that says store locator.  If you click on that and type in your zip code, it will bring up places close to you (if there are any) that sells Crossroads candles.  That is how I found out that the Bob Evans Restuarant sells them.  As much as I hate to say this because I love Crossroads, I was not crazy about the Buttered Maple Syrup cube melts, they did not have muc throw at all, but the crumbles were good, not as good a throw as the 2 wick candles, but better than the melt cubes.  I was hoping they would have a strong throw when I bought them but was disappointed.  But I am here to say that you won't be disappointed with the candles.  I normally buy the 26 oz. candle, 2 wicks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rustys mom wrote:

Also, if you go to the Crossroads website, there is a button at the very top that says store locator.  If you click on that and type in your zip code, it will bring up places close to you (if there are any) that sells Crossroads candles.  That is how I found out that the Bob Evans Restuarant sells them.  As much as I hate to say this because I love Crossroads, I was not crazy about the Buttered Maple Syrup cube melts, they did not have muc throw at all, but the crumbles were good, not as good a throw as the 2 wick candles, but better than the melt cubes.  I was hoping they would have a strong throw when I bought them but was disappointed.  But I am here to say that you won't be disappointed with the candles.  I normally buy the 26 oz. candle, 2 wicks.

Thank you so much, @rustysmom, because I had been looking at the crumbles, melts and cubes (or whatever they're called on the site) and trying to figure out what I would try first.  I had also wondered what size candle you two had tried most often and liked best, so I think I will be trying the 26 oz 2-wick and bypassing the melt-types altogether.  I'm not seeing any stores around here that sell this brand.  Too bad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I entered my zip at the Thistle site the shipping showed $5.79 for one 26 oz candle.  That doesn't seem too bad but I would wait for better, I think.  Some of the scents sound wonderful.  I may check and see if our Bob Evans sells them before I order online.

ETA I just went back and looked and all orders have a flat rate of $5.79 if under $35 and free ship if $35 and over. 

Super Contributor

lucymo i usually just order two candles (they are $1 less than on the crossroads site and then get the free shipping.. also-they ship fast and everything is always well packed.

Honored Contributor

@tobias wrote:

lucymo i usually just order two candles (they are $1 less than on the crossroads site and then get the free shipping.. also-they ship fast and everything is always well packed.

@poohbear1  I just found out they sell the candles about a mile from me in a craft and hobby store.  I'm going to stop in and see what the prices are there.  Thanks for the info.

Super Contributor

Received my candles yesterday and just finished burning the blueberry pancake...its wonderful- it has a very good throw - my whole living room and dining room smelled wonderful. Its a very natural blueberry scent - not overly strong (my Goose Creek blueberry is so strong that after a while it becomes too much and I have to blow it out) but very fragrant. Don't smell the pancake part but thats fine- when I want maple I burn the buttered maple syrup- I wanted a lovely blueberry scent and thats what this is. I haven't burned the grape yet-will do so tonight and let you know how that one is.

Valued Contributor

Glad you like it.  Thanks for letting us know.  Hope the grape is good too.  

Super Contributor

just an update- initially the grape candle was somewhat dissappointing...burned it twice with very little smell- when you got up close, it smelled delicious but didn't have much of a throw... on this snowy day in NY I gave it another shot- have it burning for about half an hour and my whole living room/dining room smells like delicous grape!! kind of weird - maybe the candle needed to be burned a few times before the scent really came thru- this actually happened with my very first buttered maple syrup- thought i had gotten a dud and spoke with customer service at crossroads. they sent me a new candle and told me to just keep the first. well, after a few burns the first had an incredible throw! Guess this happens sometimes.

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever smelled or tried Crossroads Banana Nut Bread? 

I have been scooping and melting the wax from a Mainstays Aromabeads Banana Nut Bread candle lately, and I LOVE it.  It is light on the banana scent and has mainly a baked sweet smell with just a hint of banana.  I highly recommend sniffing it next time you're in Walmart, if there are any left in stock.  I think it was stocked last Fall.