Honored Contributor

Crochet ladies question....who do you like to watch on YouTube to help learn new stitches?

I'm getting use to a few different ones.  Some go too fast (or I'm not fast enough yet for them)  I do have to pause and catch up on some.  The one I want to learn and is bugging me now is the Petal Puff Stitch.  Pulling yarn through 11 loops is almost more than my hands can handle today.  I did see 2-3 different versions.  I love how this works and I am determined to learn and conquer it. LOL.  I love the shades of blue to lavendar one I've seen in a picture.  Beautiful blanket.  I do have 2 projects going now.  Now and then I take a much needed break.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Crochet ladies question....who do you like to watch on YouTube to help learn new stitches?

I read instructions never have looked at You Tube to learn new stitches

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Crochet ladies question....who do you like to watch on YouTube to help learn new stitches?

Bella Coco is my favorite.

I also like the Crochet Crowd, but there are many good ones.

There's a FB group called Crochet Playground.  You'll have to ask for admittance into the group, but it doesn't take long to be admitted and they have a wealth of inspirational ideas and information.  I highly recommend it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat, I've watched both of them.  I'm gathering some patterns and seeing what I think I'd like to do. Started on a blanket and a baby's hat.  I'm eyeing a shawl too.

Esteemed Contributor

Learn the basic stitches, get your tension correct, and practice the stitches until they are really good - no loopy yarn. Do this before you tackle something like the Petal Puff stitch. Try just doinig the basics first.

Honored Contributor

@riley1, thank you, very good points, well taken.