Respected Contributor

Like the exterior - like craftsman. That bright blue door is just screaming though, not liking that too much, I am seeing that color more on a very modern style home, now that would pack a punch!

Do not care much for the interior decor. I am just not seeing a house of this style decorated like that.  I would of kept it a lot less fussy, to me a craftsman should be decorated with more clean lines and using a warm color palette with bright pops of color here and there thru the accessories. The home itself should be the focal point with a lot of nice wood detailing thu out the home.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor
I love the exterior, would love the interior but there is too much stuff and I personally don't think it is the craftsman style very much.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Meg Lonergan Houston Craftsman Master Bathroom

I really like just about every room in that house inside and out. I would have to declutter a bit but i sure could live with it.

This bathroom is my favorite room...love it!!! 

Respected Contributor

While I am not a particular fan of the Craftsman style....this designer is most definitely talented.

Thanks for all the time it took to share this. Amazing. @lolakimono

Honored Contributor

Apparently the owner chose to remove the built ins that are usually there in a craftsman home. 

Personally, I like to see this style of home furnished in the style of the time when it was built. My Mission style antiques would look fabulous in a Craftsman home.

Honored Contributor

I love the Craftsmen style house, but I don't care for the inside decor, it is too much for me, and some rooms/spaces are too busy.... But I do love the house itself. 

Valued Contributor

NICE HOME BUT WAY TO MUCH  INSIDE BUT THANKS FOR THE TOUR IT WAS FREE   LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Before I moved there was a home on my street for sale very similar to this for $1.2M. I suspect depending on the location the value of this house is considerably more--like way more. 

For that money and I know we are only seeing a slice of it, but that is quite possibly the most unimpressive kitchen! On the other hand, some of the bones of this house are good, but it is not decorated to my aesthetic so it simply doesn't wow me.

Honored Contributor

Like the house. Though Craftsman isn't my favorite, I do like many of the structures. Some appealing inside elements, but some serious stinkers too... Overall, I'd prefer to decorate it myself... As for the outside, that's an awful lot of white, but it's still pretty...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Beautiful.

Good friends of my in-laws retired and moved to Kentucky to be close to one of their children and grandkids. They purchased a Craftsman home with a carriage house on a beautiful piece of land close to the University of Kentucky. The price was cheap as it needed lots of work. No problem. They cleaned up the carriage house and moved there while the main house was worked on.

It's been almost 4 years and the work is STILL not done. They have spent more than triple what the house cost in the work so far and the carriage house is nothing to write home about; THAT needs fixing up as well.

At this point, they're going to finish because of the money but also because it is SO beautiful inside. If the prior owners had just maintained the home, the work would have been far less in necessity and cost. In any event, I think they're lovely homes. : )