Frequent Contributor

Craft Question: Diamond Press or Sidekick?

Are the Crafter's Companion Diamond Press die machine and Sizzix Sidekick die machine compatible?  I love the CC dies, folders, etc. but am not sure it will be as durable as the Sizzix Sidekick.  

Do you think the dies and folders would go through the Sidekick?  I know that size would not be a problem because the CC dies are smaller than Sidekick.  

Thank you for any thoughts or discussion you have.  Hope I am posting in the proper area--didn't see a Crafts tab.

Valued Contributor

Re: Craft Question: Diamond Press or Sidekick?

@TexasBarbie, I thought I was the only one who even remembered what a Sizzix Sidekick was, let alone had one! I was wondering the same thing as I do like some of the dies that they have, but do not want the whole little machine. I wondered if you could put those folders and dies into the Sizzix Sidekick sandwich? Probably the dies alone, not sure about the little folders. That might make it too thick. I'm not sure that you could just feed their little folders through without a sandwich. (You know what I mean by sandwich, right? The plates. I always call them sandwiches to the point I forget their real name lol.)  I wish I had some answers for you but if I ever find out, I will come back and give a shout out.

We no longer have a craft forum here so we just post here in the home forum. That's where they had the craft forum before anyway. Wish I could be of some help though!

Frequent Contributor

Qgirl, thank you so much for your thoughts.  Yes, I understood everything you said, including the sandwich, which made me hungry BTW.  <Smile>

I'll post if I hear anything.  I hope others reading our posts will join in with their suggestions.  

Contributor

I use the We R Memory Keepers Evolution Advanced Die Cut/Embossing machine that way I can use any die cut or embossing folder.  II didn't purchase the motor becasue it is no effort to use manually.  I love it.  

Respected Contributor

Just posting to let you know that I wasn't ignoring you, but have no idea how to answer your question because I don't have either device. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to have made you hungry lol, but I'm glad you knew what I was talking about. I have had a very busy week but tried looking at the Diamond Press on Youtube to see if anyone made any comparisons or mentioned the dies going through their Sizzix Sidekick. So far though, that has not been the case but I didn't have much time to look. I'm hoping someone will still come up with an answer.

Edited to add: I noticed in the few videos I watched that the folders on the Diamond Press seem to warp rather easily. The users didn't seem sure they'd hold up very long so that might be something to take into consideration too.

Valued Contributor

@bad coffee wrote:

I use the We R Memory Keepers Evolution Advanced Die Cut/Embossing machine that way I can use any die cut or embossing folder.  II didn't purchase the motor becasue it is no effort to use manually.  I love it.  

bad coffee, I have a Big Shot but we have the little Sidekick too, which would be perfect for those little dies if we only knew they'd work. I'm not even sure they'd work in the bigger die cutting machines. I was just wondering if you have tried this on your Evolution and if so, how did they turn out?

Frequent Contributor

I haven't tried it yet on my Evoluation machine but I will as soon as I find my dies and folders. I was in the hospital recently and during that time, my hot water heater sprang a leak which flooded half of my home.  Good timing, huh?  Family came in to help me while I was ill and now I cannot find anything!  Thankk you, Everyone, for your comments and suggestions.