Respected Contributor

It was 109 today where I live - 7 degrees above normal.  The A/C has been cranking on and off all day.  Am hoping this is our last hot spell before the temps start to cool off. 

Honored Contributor

I so envy you.

I'm hoping for just one day like that this winter.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

We have had rain since last night...great, gentle showers that we have needed all summer. The temps have been in the mid to lower 80s so we are very happy about the cooler weather. We have been inside most of the day watching college football. All of our teams won. I made veggie beef soup yesterday and we finished it for dinner tonight....tastes even better the next day and the rainy weather made it a soup day...pretending it is already fall!  Lit my Sugared Pumpikin Swirl candle this afternoon....wonderful! It was definitely an indoor kind of day.

Honored Contributor

It was 61 degrees here at the farm today with light rain on and off. My rocket lettuce is growing like gang busters, I just seeded the bed less than 2 weeks ago. Hope it doesn't get too hot again before I can start harvesting it. My husband husked corn for me to freeze, so that's done for another year. We had turkey loaf, pierogi and a salad for supper. Cozy? Maybe.LOL

Honored Contributor

We stayed home last night to watch the Pitt/Penn State game but we both fell asleep and missed the second half. PSU annihilated Pitt 51 -6. 

Honored Contributor

OMG--- I am so bored!  I already have cabin fever.  I don't mind a little rain, but this is ridiculous.  They say it will rain all day and probably all night and maybe again tomorrow.  Not to mention the worry of damage and flooding.  Last Sunday, it was like 90 degrees and beautiful!  Today --- kind of cold and dark and rain, rain, rain.  I hate it!!!! Shades of things to come, I guess.  I really hate the thoughts of inclement weather and the impending long, cold, dark winter months,  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

For those of you that have suffered through the last heat wave, need rain, and LOVE cozy days, we from central Mo. are glad to pass on this wonderful weather. We had ours the last two days and it was fantastic. Last night it was in the 50's. Our dog, Dottie, has even perked up on her walks. The clouds are breaking up today with sun peeking out, so those that do not like the rain, hang in there. It moves through in a couple days.

Honored Contributor

Now when all my flowers are at their best, it's time to take hanging baskets down and pots on the deck and toss out.  I might get a mum plant.  We just got over some rainy days and suppose to get a little more.  The vegetable soup sounds good.  I just made some American beef chop suey which I have not had in a couple of years.  Welcome Fall -- love your cool weather and colorful trees.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength