Honored Contributor

A living room with vaulted ceilings and French-inspired furnishings. 

A dining room with varied wood tones and a large floral painting. “When I decorated our home, my intention was to make sure that everyone felt as though they could come in, sit down, and put their feet up,” she says of her design choices. Vaulted ceilings and natural touches like wood and stone are hallmark traits of the cozy cottage. Vaulted ceilings and a large chandelier in a living room.   A kitchen with exposed beams and fresh flowers.     A bedroom with lavender bedding.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cozy Cottage Decor In Home

VERY well done!  The colors flow smoothly, the furniture pretty, as well as functional.  

I especially loved the way the flowers were arranged on the coffee table.  The wood for the furniture is beautiful.

I would only remove the benches and replace with chairs since they are not my style.

Honored Contributor

These are lovely rooms and many nice elements comprise them. I don't know that they exude 'cozy' to me, but are very pleasant nonetheless.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't mind the bench in the living room, but no to the one at the dining table.This modified picnic table-like nonsense involving people dining in seats without backs needs to go... It's ridiculous and is uncomfortable for many people. I'd also note that no matter how private this house might be, I need window coverings... In my view, no house is 'cozy' without them... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

So pretty.  Love the painting and the cabinets in the dining room, those plump, French cane back chairs in 3rd picture, fabulous wide floorboards in kitchen, and especially that dreamy bedroom with vintage botanical prints and lovely soft bedding.   Sigh!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I see is everything is so neutral, gray and white. It looks cold to me. The only warmth I see is in the wood elements. I would want to see some color, even some pastels and some window treatments. That would make it cozy for me.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful home.....peaceful, practical, and pretty.  (with one exception...the bench, you need chairs for comfort).  The bedroom is so inviting....what a restful way to wind down at the end of the day.  Very inviting home.

Honored Contributor

I am in love with that kitchen!  It's going to be a serious contender at my house!  I have the elements, just need some charcoal and white paint!  And a good painter--which is scarcer than hen's teeth. 

I had one that was painting a different color of white than I'd specified!  Told me white was white.  I had husband and the trim carpenter come fire him with me!  

Honored Contributor

The furniture is lovely, the wall art  appealing and with the exception of the kitchen islands I think this home is warm and inviting.  I would add a bit of color however.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The metal pieces - chandeliers in the dining room and living room, the lantern in the dining room, the vent hood in the kitchen - work well with the wood and don't cool-up the warmth of the wood.  The addition of drapes/curtains would add a lot to the living room and kitchen.  Really like those happy-looking white flowers with their cheery yellow egg-yolk-like centers on the coffee table.