Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covering for a single French Door

@BunSnoop , I think what has happened with your door is that the seal is broken.  I have garden doors that open onto a stone patio.  This winter, one of the doors has gotten that steamed look in the glass.  I am told you can simply replace the glass which is what I plan to do this Spring.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I'm a big fan of sheers and expansion/tension rods. They fit inside the frame and require no nails. My other favorite "no nail" hanger is The Command line of hooks and hangers. They come in all colors (I prefer the clear) and weight limits.

I would avoid a Roman shade because they are complicated. Blinds are heavy and if you use this door often might become problematic.  

There are all types of valances and light filtering panels on the market. I always search BBB and Altemerers or Country Curtains just to see what's there. 

@Fressa Unfortunatley Country Curtains went out of business about a year ago.  They had some lovely sheer & lace panels.  I have one that's attached to my door in the laundry room that.

Esteemed Contributor

@debfau , what a great idea.  Do they just fit over the door outline?  I put a roller blind over my garden doors and that does the trick for me.  It disappears into the wood wood when not in use. LM