Trusted Contributor

Re: Country Quilts in a Simple Bedroom...

@stevieb  I think it's just the non expression on the girls faces...might be a little spooky to littles...DW

Honored Contributor

I like the quilt that is hanging.  Wish I knew how to make a quilt, even sewing would be a big accomplishment for me!

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  I think I got confused...the painting with the houses on the right side of the window I did.  The two girls picture is the print the neighbor boy was afraid of...sorry...don't know my left from my right sometimes...lol...DW

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dancingwoman  Too funny. I actually have a few of the sort of primitive prints and can see why a child might look at some of them a bit askance... Some can be a little creepy looking, but I didn't see anything about the one you did to give a young boy the heebie jeebies... This explains it !! 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

YES, finally something that really appeals to me.

@RedTop  I'm so happy to have landed on something that appeals to you! While I often like things a bit more over the top, this simple room with the pretty vintage brass bed and two lovely quilts would be hard not to find comforting and lovely!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the bed is pretty & cheerful. I prefer the quilt that is hanging up though. I'm not sure about hanging a quilt on a rod. It looks too much like a towel rod to me. I think quilts look better when they are hung at full size, but I realize that may not always be an option. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb The quilt on the bed is very pretty.  I do not think that I have ever seen one like that.  I think quilts just add something special to a home.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@stevieb The quilt on the bed is very pretty.  I do not think that I have ever seen one like that.  I think quilts just add something special to a home.

@SXMGirl  I love quilts and have many, though most are simply modern bedding I've picked up here and there because I thought they were pretty and affordable. I only have a couple of honest to goodness handmade quilts and both are so fragile at this point, I rarely use them. I suspect the quilts in this picture, especially the one on the bed, are modern bedding with an old fashioned look, though I could be wrong.

Honored Contributor

I like this room.  I never tire of quilts!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb - Regarding your antique quilts: I don't know where you reside, but try and find a reputable Antique Quilt Appraiser near to your area. They should be a certified appraiser. Also, depending on the condition/damage, some can be restored. I don't know how much either would cost.