Honored Contributor

Its a lovely room...but like the others have said, I would remove the kids chairs and ottoman.....

Another concern I'd have is white couches and a very light colored rug and practical that would be with people, pets, and everyday real living....But a nicely decorated room...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Very Nice

Respected Contributor

no.  too cold.

Trusted Contributor

I like most of the space - the art over the fireplace, the sofas, the shutter hanging on the side wall & the long beams (the side-to-side beams I think are too many.)  I'm not a fan of coffee tables anymore.  To me, they add to the congestion of the space.  I do like the left side of the room where the round table & plant stand are.  By themselves, to me it gives the appearance of a hall entrance.

Respected Contributor

Oh YES!

Super Contributor

This is really gorgeous. I'm not sure I require the bench in front of the fireplace. Everything else is nice. Just requires more of orange. Love the carpet.

Honored Contributor

When I first saw this space I was drawn to it, but also felt there was something missing. I'm not sure I ever figured out what it was but for starters I'd lose all of the miniature furniture and install a couple of nice adult size chairs in pretty fabrics. Overall though, I decided I really like this space and its somewhat 'high country' vibe.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I was tempted to ask, "Which country?!"   @stevieb , "High country" is right.  Top o' the mountain, even.  My people tend to come from down in the valley and would LOL at the thought of city folk calling this, "country."  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

Not nearly enough "country" looking for me, but it is a pretty room.

Honored Contributor

HomeBunch has the most interesting home ideas, @stevieb 

I love the maps in the kitchen in that same Georgian house. 

But could that really be a tv over the stove?  

Kitchen Hardwood Flooring Wide-plank, reclaimed heart pine flooring carries throughout the home with occasional brick flooring in ancillary spaces #KitchenHardwoodFlooring #Kitchen #HardwoodFlooring #Wideplankflooring #reclaimedhardwoodflooring #heartpineflooring 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.