Respected Contributor

“Country Curtains” now at Vermont Country Store

Just got an email today. 

I was sorry when they closed.

Frequent Contributor

Re: “Country Curtains” now at Vermont Country Store

Me too. Practically all my curtains are from Country Curtains. Good to know they are still available.

Honored Contributor

Back in the 80's I bought beautiful criss cross ruffled curtains for my living room windows from Country Curtains.They were gorgeous, and I loved them . Washed them and with help from my Mom ,starched & ironed them every year and they still looked great when we sold the house and moved in 2010. They were extremely good guality , great fabric. They let light in but you couldn't see thru them.

Honored Contributor

All of the curtains in my home are from Country Curtains. I bought some extra when they were going out of business, it is a great product !!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Near where i live ,in portsmouth nh ,they had a store ,big yellow barn,always busy ,bought from them ,sad to see they go.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Many thanks!  My country home is all tab tie curtains.

Honored Contributor

Being in thrift stores so much all my life, I saw a number of Country Curtains come through, and my what great quality fabric they used to use. Haven't seen any lately, so don't know if it is still that way, but they would last for decades with proper care.

Honored Contributor

Hmm. I think I posted this somewhere else on the forum but here goes:

I remember their products growing up and they were fantastic. My first home, this is what I purchased for all my windows- beautiful. The current home I'm in has a box bay window in the kitchen; I asked for suggestions on how to treat this window: as one giant one or as 3 individual due to their height and slender width. I went with treating them each as a simple window and ordered the items from Country Curtains.

My MIL placed her order with mine; shipping was outrageous. To the point I considered driving the 45 minutes each way to their store to pick up the items in person (they didn't carry it in stock). Fine. When they arrived, I was shocked.

The quality of the valances and jabots were THIN. I mean so thin, you could see right through them (and they were sage, not white). NOTHING was lined. I remember every valance, every item I ordered from them was lined as did my MIL. None of them were this time. The material felt like plastic; smooth plastic. I was ticked, let me tell you.

I contacted their CS and complained. The shipping, btw, was $45 for a box that weighed hardly anything. I mean...COME ON!!  Not only did they credit my CC for the shipping, they credited me for the order AND told me keep the products (which went to GoodWill).

3 weeks later, the news came out they were closing their doors.

Wonder how much their quality (or lack there of ) and shipping had to do with people going elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Several rooms in my home have their curtains and they are beautiful and well made.  My local store, unfortunately, had the rudest manager, so I was not surprised when it closed.  I was surprised that all of them were closed.  I will say that when I had a serious problem with the manager, I called their CS and they took care of everything.  At that time, I told them that the manager was a problem and they knew all about her.   

Anyway, I have always wanted to go up to Vermont Country Store, so maybe this is just another incentive to get myself  up there at some time in the future.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My current home has plantation shutters on all the windows. I miss having pretty curtains.