Esteemed Contributor

Re: “Country Curtains” now at Vermont Country Store

wonder ewhat the quality is like now?

Trusted Contributor

Our bedroom has the valances in white with crochet work a few inches from the bottom hem.

They look so crisp and fresh.  So sad not to be able to go see all the lovely items in person.

Also miss my Marshall Fields and Carson's.

Guess the lesson is don't get attached and hope your favorite brick and mortar can transition into an online store for it to survive.  Yuk.

Honored Contributor

Yikes! People still use curtains???????????

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

My house is a two story colonial and all of my bedrooms are on the second floor.  When we built our home 30 years ago, I purchased Country Curtains for almost every window.  

Over the years, I changed out the window treatments, but every bedroom still has the same curtains that are 30 years old.  I like my windows to look the same from the street.

They are still in like new condition.  

I have seen some of their curtains and bed items at Ollie's at great prices.

Honored Contributor

@ID2. Curtains are still very popular where I live in PA.  Many of the homes are colonial style and curtains and candles in every window is the norm.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I had no idea Country Curtains had closed!  Loved, loved, loved their curtains!  I still have some flowered sheers in my LR!  Glad to hear you can buy them from Vermont Country store!

Honored Contributor

They sent out catalogs with close out prices, due to the closure, a while back (last year, was it?).

I got my kitchen window swags from them and I'm glad I got an extra set a few years ago.   Still in package, but I really liked them a lot so I wanted to make sure if anything happened that I'd have another set.

Respected Contributor

I used to have a store about 20 minutes away from me. I sure do miss it. Almost all my windows have CC on them.