Honored Contributor

Re: Could you live with this narrow kitchen?

This must be in one of those tiny rowhouses in old cities like Philadelphia that are three or four stories but only ten feet wide.

Honored Contributor

I am thinking it is somewhere in Europe.  Some places do not have stoves.  This is too small for my liking.  Cute but too small.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Only if I had narrower hips.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what the rest of the kitchen or house looks like. I wish I did. This is ostensibly a cottage style house, so that would seem to preclude it being a row house. While I've had my share of 'galley' kitchens, I don't think I've ever had one laid out in this fashion and while I too can work with a small kitchen, something about this space seems very cramped to me and I'm not sure I'd be spending much time in it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

That's not just a narrow kitchen, it appears to be a very tiny kitchen.  So, NO

Valued Contributor

I love it, wouldn't mined it at all. And the best part is, it would be easy to clean.

Esteemed Contributor

Is there a stove/oven anywhere or is this it????  As is, there is absolutely no way.  My kitchen is extremely tiny and I complain about it all the time but it is bigger than this and has a stove.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's as bad as some of you are saying.  First, look at ALL the pictures.  The stove is on the other end of the kitchen.  Secondly, the side wall is opened up to another room, so it's not as closed in as it appears to be in the first photo.  It's certainly not the optimal space for preparing a meal, but it's not terrible.  It has that "not quite right but we're making it work" cottage charm.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't think it's as bad as some of you are saying.  First, look at ALL the pictures.  The stove is on the other end of the kitchen.  Secondly, the side wall is opened up to another room, so it's not as closed in as it appears to be in the first photo.  It's certainly not the optimal space for preparing a meal, but it's not terrible.  It has that "not quite right but we're making it work" cottage charm.

@faeriemoon  Maybe you could either share the other pictures or direct us to where to find them. This is the only picture of this little kitchen I found so is the only one I posted... I think most of us assumed there was more to it than this, and would be interested in seeing the rest...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I really like it and could be happy with it if it was just me. Love the colors.

My kitchen is big, I think 15x20.  It was great at one point but it is too big now and doing the floors especially is a pain.