Trusted Contributor

Re: Could a flame less candle give enough light for a nightlight?

energizer_light.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

energizer_light.jpg

This is exactly what I use throughout the house...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh , is The Container Store online?  Bricks and Motar?  Never heard of it before.  Sounds interesting.  LM

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@gidgetgh , is The Container Store online?  Bricks and Motar?  Never heard of it before.  Sounds interesting.  LM

The Container Store is on line as well as having brick and mortar stores inevery state I think.  Link removed

—  from Hari

Frequent Contributor

That Energizer Weatheready looks very cool. I think I will try it. When mused as a night light, how bright is it — I assume it doesn't interfere with falling asleep, right?

thanks from Hari

Respected Contributor

Bethlehem Lights makes the fairy lights that I use all year all around the house. We have a fireplace we don't use so I have logs in there with the fairy lights. I also have them wolven in plants and they come on at night as well. This is decorative as well as providing soft lighting. Just another option for you. @hari 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom - as @hari  mentioned, they’re regular store and online. They should have a picture of me hanging in the store, I give them so much business. 

Can’t post the link but just google The Container Store and you’ll find it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I haven't taken the time to read any of the answers yet, but I can say, it will depend on a number of things.

First, how big the room is will be an issue. If you have a Luminara candle in a small bedroom, it should give enough light to let you get acclimated to find what you need. Same for bathrooms, they are usually small enough to have just one candle on the counter top or toilet tank to make the room safe enough to use.

Second, the type of candle you use will be of consideration. Luminara that are white or cream have some light show through the body of the candle and make them brighter than a dark one like red, or brown or green. Candle Impressions regular candles (with the wick, not the moving flame feature) are good too, but they tend to get dimmer as the batteries weaken, so the longer you burn them and the batteries go down over the months, the dimmer the light gets with them. The moving flame type candles stay the same brightness almost up to dead battery time. 

Third, your eyesight could be an issue. I know as I age, I need more light to see. And if cataracts are an issue, lots of light is often needed too. 

As far as using them in power outages or as nightlights, I tend to go around my home, set the timers so that they will run all night, one in every room and hallway, and I find it gives me enough light to safely navigate to get stronger lighting like flashlights etc. if need be. 

The other thing we have now purchased are these

Image result for brightliving set of 4 led light bulbs with built-in back-up battery

QVC item number V36405 

I have one lamp on each level of the house with this bulb in and running 24/7. They kick on in a power outage and last for about 7 hours. You don't have to leave them burning all the time, but they sense an outage and come on automatically. These have been really wonderful during power drops, but only last those few hours before needing to be recharged by power back on, so not a long term solution, just for emergencies.

Super Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

energizer_light.jpg

Thanks @Caffeina!  

Exactly what I've been looking for! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor