Honored Contributor

Re: Could a flame less candle give enough light for a nightlight?

I haven't had good luck with flameless or nightlights

I have a couple of small lamps throughout the house, using a low watt bulb.

It's just enough glow to barely light up the house.

Enough to see but not enough to disturb my sleep

Honored Contributor

We have flameless candles in every room. I think they put out enough light so that I wouldn’t walk into a wall and could easily find things in the dark.

We also have plug in things that I got at The Container Store. If the power goes out, they turn on.  You can also pull them out of the socket and use them as a flashlight if you need to. We have one in every regular room, but not in the bathrooms. 

We also have motion lights that I keep in each bathroom. If it’s dark and they detect motion,  they turn on for 20-30 seconds. I love these and will be buying a few more. I also bought these at The Container Store. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I use them all over the home as night lights. IMO I think the Candle Impressions 4" or 6" plain wax candles work well for this purpose. You get light from within the candle instead of the flame effect from the top. I just purchase two sets on clearance in the cream for the den. 

I also have the plug in motion lights for the family room that I purchased at BBB. They work well.

Honored Contributor

I always keep a magnetized flashlight on the refrigerator so I always know where it is and never have to search for it.  History has shown I can always find the fridge.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We bought a salt light from Amazon for about 10.00.  There is a variable dimmer switch, so it gives us enough light to find the bathroom at night and not tumble down the stairs instead.

Honored Contributor

@hari One candle will light up an entire bedroom. 2 will light up a large living room. If you point a Luminara "flame" at an object, it lights up THAT object just like a flashlight. You can read by it, it's that clear and bright. I know because I've done it many times.

True story:

I have these candles all over my house. Each bedroom has at least 1; my bedroom has 8 (I don't bother turning on lamps in my bedroom due to the candles). Each bathroom has 1. Dining area has 20 on top of a large hutch. Family room has 2 large ones plus 6 tealights. Living Room has15. They are in my stairwell. ALL are on times. I have a LOT of these candles.

Whenever our cul-de-sac/area loses power, I hear this: "How come YOU had power and no one else did? Do you have a generator?"

No. I have Luminara candles all over my house. Lol.

I also have a flashlight in each hall closet on each floor. I can't remember the last time we used them due to the flameless candles.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I always keep a magnetized flashlight on the refrigerator so I always know where it is and never have to search for it.  History has shown I can always find the fridge.

@Kachina624                            !

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Set your candles in front of a mirror to reflect the light.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Yes, they absolutely do, especially if you have multiples.   

I have one flameless candle on the dining room table, a set of 6 on my coffee table, and one lantern at the entrance to the kitchen, which allows all the light we need to move safely thru the house at night.   My brother lives across the road, and asked what light I was leaving on in my living room every night, because they can see the bright glow.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

See these on QVC

V36405
BrightLiving Set of 4 LED Light Bulbs with Built-In Back-Up Battery

@hari

Just remembered QVC sold a Rechargeable Emergency LED Bulb Emergency Light For Power Outage 60W Equivalent.  Package of 4.  Standard size used in lamps.